• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advise.

Lind80

Mama Doe
As some of you know Ellie my french lop died suddenly about 2 weeks ago now. Her daughter Ebony had lived with her all her life. She is very quiet at the moment. She has never really been a people rabbit, and preferred rabbit company,she loved her mum and they spent all their time together. She was definetley boss over her mum. I want to try and bond her with one of my other french lops, but don't know which!

She hasn't been neutered yet but will be in the next couple of weeks. I have her sister, but she has always been quite aggressive towards other rabbits. Or I have her dad Humphrey, who is a very easy going rabbit, but I did try to bond him with Ellie originally , and he just got picked on constantly, she would sit and pull big chunks of fur out and he would just sit there. Or I have my 5 year old girl Martha, who has always lived by herself and seems to prefer people to other rabbits!

Sorry to read that your poor bunnys is lonely and sad :(

Has Humphrey been neutered? If he has then I would try to pair him and Ebony.

Once Ebony has been spayed then her hormones will drop down so in a couple of months she may not be quite so "bossy". :D Although there will ususally be one dominant bun in the pairing.

If Humphrey is quite laid back then maybe he will not mind being under the thumb :D If your other bunny does not like buns then possibly best not to try in case you send fur flying all over the place. :shock:

Good luck :D

lol Pam

Hiya,

Boy-girl matchers are usually easier. As you have several potential friends you could try putting them together and seeing which she reacts best to then continuing the bonding with that one.

If you're worried about them hutrting each other do it with mesh between ;)

Tam

Thanks, I will try Humphrey with Ebony then. Better book them both in to be neutered this week, so I can get on with it.

Back