• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonnie has gone to the bridge

Awwww Shell and Mark I'm so sorry for your loss - I've been off line a day or so and have just caught up with this sad news.

I know how difficult this is as like most kind folk on here you just kinda feel what your going though having lost a bunny myself last year.
It sorta helped me as I knew I had to try and be strong for Buffy and I know somehow little Milly will help you to come to terms with your sad loss - I always remember thinking well heck if Buffy can get through the loss of her pal then so can I and I knew she needed all the TLC I could give her until she felt better in herself - enough to have company of another Bunny.

Sending you both hugs.

aaawww i am soo very sorry to hear Bonnie has lost her fight. She has had a lovely home with Baza aswell as yourselves. Bonnie.. run free honey.
I hope Milly and yourselves can mend your broken hearts soon. Do you have any other rabbits Milly could possibly be bonded with rather than take on more rabbits if you are not ready yet?

Mark said:
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.
this is what we had read at our sons grave side always makes me cry

kim 106 said:
Mark said:
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.
this is what we had read at our sons grave side always makes me cry

I got the poem from a SANDS newsletter, we have lost 5 babies ranging from 7 weeks to 24 weeks gestation, it hurts and the hurt never leaves you just learn to live with it. It is a beautiful poem, it means our loved ones never really leave us they are everywhere, that gives us great comfort xx

Oh God, I was going to be selfish and not look at this thread just now but I thought no, you have to share even when it is painful.....and I don't know what to say because you people have been through so much, it is so unfair and Kerry, you too, I am so sorry that you have had to suffer so. In my experience, the bad things always seem to happen to the nicest people and I really don't understand....there has to be something better, doesn't there? :cry: My heart truly breaks for you.

That poem is lovely isn't it? I just about managed to recite it at my dad's funeral service but he had had a good innings, he was 89 when he died - doesn't stop you feeling sad and feeling the loss though. :(

Mark and Shell, I am so deeply sorry for your loss, and looking at the photos has made me well up. What a lovely bunny she was, and what a beautiful home she had with you both. Always remember the good times. Thinking of you both. xxx

So sorry to be so late Mark & Shell. Those are really lovely photos to remember Bonnie...you all look so happy....what a loving life she had

fairy.gif
Binky_Free_x_27630.gif

Back