• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodbye Darling Myrtle-May

Oh bless you, Michelle! Knowing Adele and her sense of humour, I'll bet you that will cheer her up by giving her a bit of a giggle. :wink:

Words cannot express how grateful I am for all your support and beautiful messages, bless you all :)
It is great comfort to know that everyone is thinking of us, and has rallied around to be there for us at this sad time.

Michelle please do not worry about the Angel with horns dear friend, I know you have a heart of gold, nothing you could ever say or do could ever offend me. As Lizzie said, it has in fact given me a much needed giggle....there is always black humour on the horizon somewhere and thank you for turning my tears into giggles :wink: :lol:

Love to you all, I feel so fortunate and honoured to have such lovely, lovely friends :)
Adele XX

Oh Adele - I'm so sorry to hear about Myrtle-May :cry: but remenber she was a very lucky bunny with such a special home.

blushing

Lizzie said:
Oh bless you, Michelle! Knowing Adele and her sense of humour, I'll bet you that will cheer her up by giving her a bit of a giggle. :wink:

Thank you so much for what you have said Lizzie. I was totally mortified when I posted that and saw the little horns appear! EEK!

Best Bunny Wishes....

Michelle :)

Adele said:
Words cannot express how grateful I am for all your support and beautiful messages, bless you all :)
It is great comfort to know that everyone is thinking of us, and has rallied around to be there for us at this sad time.

Michelle please do not worry about the Angel with horns dear friend, I know you have a heart of gold, nothing you could ever say or do could ever offend me. As Lizzie said, it has in fact given me a much needed giggle....there is always black humour on the horizon somewhere and thank you for turning my tears into giggles :wink: :lol:

Love to you all, I feel so fortunate and honoured to have such lovely, lovely friends :)
Adele XX

Dearest Adele,

My face was bright red with surprise when those little horns peeked out from that halo-ed rabbit. Thank you so much for understanding. You are as always, a true friend, who always understands, and it means so much to me.

I will keep Myrtle-May in my heart and thoughts. It is devastating whenever a cherished rabbit friend is lost.

With Love,

Michelle

p.s. The name Myrtle-May reminds me of the daughter in the James Stewart movie from 1950, "Harvey", about the big rabbit/pooka that only he could see. The daugther I believe was named Myrtle-May, and it's very fitting since it was a "rabbit" movie. You have brought fond memories to my mind thismorning.

Love always....

and prayers and blessings for the dearly departed Myrtle-May.

Adele and David i am so sorry for your loss. The photo taken with Myrtle -May and her companions is beautiful. She was a lucky little girl to be kept in such a loving home. I think you know you were the lucky one too to have her around. Binky free little sweetie and give Cheeky bun and all the rainbow buns nose rubs from all of us. (xxxxx)

I amsosorry :cry: :cry: :cry:
Itissohardmakingthatdecision.Itisonly3weekssince IhadtoamkeitforMerlin :cry: :cry: :cry:

sorryaboutthiskeyboarditismysons :roll: Ithinkhemayhavegotangrywithitatsomepoint :evil:

So sorry to hear about poor Myrtle Adele. :(
She was a beautiful rabbit, and I know she will have been looked after so well by you both. You did the right thing though.

We are both thinking of you.

I'm so sorry to hear about Myrtle - what a tough decision to make, it's so sad. I'm sure she is binkying around up there with all our bunnies who have passed over the Bridge.

Take care Adele, David and all ur sweetheart buns.

Love Nicola

aaaawwww more lovely messages, I am in floods of tears here, you are all so kind.
Myrtle was brought to Worcestershire at 10 days old, whilst still in a nest along with her siblings. Mistletoe (her Dad) got a Doe pregnant after we had been given advice by a vet that he would be alright to be kept with a companion until he was 12 weeks old, then separated, ready for his little op :wink: Easter Day arrived and we found to our shock and amazement a nest of baby bunnies, real baby bunnies.
I cursed the vet, but we had to muddle through, and decided to take responsibilty and keep all the 8 babies.
We were due to move in 10 days time, so had to risk moving the nest of babies along with all our furniture :roll: :lol: , but everything went okay, and the babies thrived. :thumb:
We had a beautiful family group of ten bunnies who all lived as one happy group :)
Sadly the numbers decreased over the years, and we lost Jasper (Myrtles brother) In January and shortly after Heather (Myrtles 10 year old Mum), but Myrtle survived longer than any of her siblings.
Mistletoe is the only one from the original group, but he was recently bonded with Bella and Freya, so he is not by himself.

Thanks again for the messages, they are very much appreciated.
love
Adele and David XX

Oh adele im am so very sorry to read this. Im sending all mine and the buns love to you and david and the sanctuary buns XXXXXX

Back