• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fighting rabbits

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Lilac and shadow have been living together since nov last year,last night for no reason at up all they started fighting,i could here lots of noise in the bunny room i went in and fur was flying everywhere i had to split them up and put one in each side of the pen,i let them back together and they started again,so i took them out cleaned the whole pen out and put them back in, and they have been fine since any ideas what caused this?

I have no idea what caused it but my bunnies did that once, they were fine for ages and then they had to be split up for a week or so and then we put them back together and after a little scrap they were fine!!! :? :?

hi

Zinniea and Petunia had a massive fight this morning - but I put it down to the presence of a male rabbit (Benny looked innocent but he's the only one around!)...What started it was Petunia sniffed Benny through the fence - very interested - I think she got a bit turned on because Zinniea sniffed her nether regions :oops: then mounted her and Petunia got very offended by this and turned on her - or maybe they both want Benny for their own mate? - Zinniea grunts at him like mad - I hope she calms down after she's spayed!

Is it hot where you are? My bunnies seem to scrap in hot weather! But alot of bonded couples do so I don't think its a big worry unlss they really get at each other! Probably just a 'you're getting under my nose so back off' kind of fight :wink:

Sooty said:
Maybe they need a wee break for a couple of hours in separate areas?

personally i would not advisse that if possible, as tey may not go back i would be inclined to leave them and let them sort it out, but watch them very closely and split if it gets to out of hand!

eve x

Back