• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another bonding question!!

TripleD

Warren Scout
Hello all!!

We have just got the second addition to our rabbit family, still undecided on the name as yet.

How do we start to bond her with Sparky?? At the moment they are in the run with a divider betwenn them so they can see each other and smell each other. What should we do next? Really don't want to see either of them get hurt or stressed out too much.

Dave & Katie .....

Just tried to let them in the same run and within a minute Sparky had tried to mount the new bunny. He was castrated 2.5 weeks ago.

We don't know the exact age of the new bunny but we're estimating around 10 - 12 weeks old.

Don't really want babies so they are apart again now!

hi

Ooops - fingers crossed she's not pregnant! (I think she's too young?)

Keeping them next to each other seperated by wire is a fine start to bonding - He will possibly be fertile for 6 weeks - I'd leave it a couple of months just to be sure. In addition a new baby bunny needs time to settle in and get relaxed - she won't know that she's not on the menu for tomorrow's dinner! I would wait a month before taking bonding further - she's very tiny at 12wks.

Yep great way to start the process having their runs next to each other. When you start putting them together best to start with them both in a neutral territory where neither of them have been before. Have some gloves and a water spray bottle handy just in case you need to split up a fight.

Good Luck

How long should we wait before introducing Sparky? he's been castrated now for just over 2.5 weeks!

Fighting Bunnys

The Mounting Is There Way Of Figuring Out Who Is Boss, Keep them apart for another week or 2 but keep introducing them during playtime. then they should be ok :) :rabbit2:

thanks for your help.

I've managed to set the run up so they can see each other! She's managing to put nearly her whole head through the panels, and sparky keeps sniffing her. As she's young, she's not on the grass but I've found bits of grass appearing near the fence! Reckon Sparky is trying to seduce her! :lol:

Back