• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HORMONES!!! hope shes not...

sweety

Warren Scout
Hi

My pepper has been running with his sister for 2 weeks and well, doing the normal thing of still mounting her even though he has been neuterd and I know they still do it after the Operation.

Ok well he did the deed!! and it was 5 weeks since he had the op, well shes making nests and she fights him off now and they play fine with him not mounting her.

Now it maybe that shes in a false pregnancy and a lot of my does made nests over the yrs even with no males about.

I will find out sooner or later but shes ravenously hungry and although I cant feel anything shes particulary fussy about me touching her nice nest.

I dont think she is preggers as 5 weeks is normally ok post neuteringfor males to be sterile, but knowing my luck, he had his last bit of male hormones and gave them to her. :lol:

Oh well that means I will have upto 8 grey/white dutch, bless

It dont bother me really and I think really shes just hormonal cos he has woke the hormones up, funny how hes stopped mounting her though..

I let u know

Sweety

Hi Sweety
You say that your two have been together for 2 weeks so that means it was three weeks after his op you put them together if his op was 5 weeks ago?
You should still be OK. How old is your girl?

The fact that he has been mounting her can cause her to build a nest.
And does usually only do this the day before giving birth (which would make the pregnancy only two weeks).

Are you certain there was no way they could have got together before his op?
Are they still young? as this might be why she's eating more.

A brother and sister mating is not good as they are too closely related genetically and this can cause problems. Funnily enough a parent/offspring mating isn't so bad (Only to our morals!)
Because of this I really hope that she isn't pregnant - but I'm pretty confidant that she isn't!

hi

He had been done 5 weeks so as I said before I think its just stirred her hormones up a bit, Her mum was mated with my friends dutch and she made a nest 1 week after the mating which we thought a little soon and we didnt think she was preggers but obviously she was so the fact that her daughters done the same freaked us out a bit.

It was def 5 weeks post op as I rang the Vet to check the date before I put them 2gether. He is not mounting her now funny enough I think hes got the message now and they play lovely.

They will be 1yr old on Sept 6th this year.

So I think its false, all my previous does have made nests for years also so I know its normal.

Fingers crossed and yes I know brother/sister can be dodgy off spring as its simular with Gpigs which Ive bred before, weird how other relatives are not so bad. I think in the wild they dont care :lol:

Thanks for the Info

I let you know

Sweety

Back