• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elvis has died

hi

I'm really sorry to hear this Holly - my heart sank when I read your other thread and the vet's opinion was Elvis was being fussy with his food and was in good health :?

So sorry you've lost him :(

Oh hun, I am so sorry your lil man passed away! :cry: I am sending you big hugs!! At least he isn't suffering anymore!

Thank You for all your kind words everyone.

Im still in shock. I keep thinking that I could have done more to help him.

Awww Holly sending you a huge hug - all of us that have loved and lost bunnies and much loved animals on here know so well how they touch your heart and the devastation when they pass to the Bridge.

Its early days for you yet honey and you will naturally feel low and sad and miss your little boy soooo much but eventually you will be able to have a giggle at the fun times you spent with Elvis and you never know you may even open your heart to give another little bunny a loving home - we never replace those we loose as they are all so individual but little Elvis would be well proud of his mum I'm sure, but only you will know when and if you feel ready for this step.

Grazing with our spirit bunnies - binky free little Elvis. X

So sorry to hear about little Elvis - we all look back and wonder "what if" its natural - but you did everything you could - my thoughts are with youxx

i am so sorry to hear about elvis . poor baby , he fought so hard and had a struggle at the end . he was at home and knew he was loved but his little body sounded like it could take no more . I,m truly devastated for you - as you will know , i lost cheekybun on 15th july and i,m still hurting but it is so sad to hear of another passing over as it just reminds me again that my little boy has gone too . xxxx

*hug*

I'm sorry to hear about your wee boy going to the bridge. I've not been on much recently and I didn't know he was ill.

He had a great life with you and he knew he was loved, he will live on in your memories.

*binky free Elvis*

aawww Holly.. im so sorry to hear Elvis has passed over the bridge :cry: Hugs to you.. binky free Elvis. I am sure Elvis knew you loved him so much and it sounds like you certainly did everything you could have done.

I'm so sorry. :-( Poor little bunny. I cried when I read your post. It sounds like he had such a happy life and he loved you very much - he always will. He will be waiting at the bridge to pull off your duvet cover!

AMETHYST

Oh my, I'm so sorry. He was so young.
I lost my first rabbit when he was 11 months, actually 4 days before he turned one. It hurt me, a lot. I still think about him often, and all he did for me. So just remember that we are here for you, and a lot of us have been through the same thing. When I joined here, it helped me a lot, so I help we can help too!
Elvis will always be remembered and missed xxx

Binky free Elvis...

sorry to hear this sad news Holly :cry: :cry: They take such a big piece of our heart when they leave us but they always in our thoughts

run free little Elvis xxx

Thank You everyone. You have all been amazing. Im still crying most of the time and havent slept since he passed away but having all your support has made the world of difference to me.

I went to the vets last night to pay Elvis` last bill and to find out if my little man had been taken to the crematorium. Derek, from the crem came yesterday afternoon and took him away so im expecting a phonecall any day now asking what I want to do with his ashes.

I asked the vet if there was any way of knowing how Elvis caught a bacterial infection but she said with out a post mortem we would never know. I couldnt bare to think if my poor little baby going through that so now ill never really know for sure how he died.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ive just done a search on the internet for 'bacterial infections in rabbits' to try and find out more about what took my little man away.

I came up with this
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

It looks as though he had GI Statis.

By reading this info there are things i couldve done to prevent him passing away if I had have known it was GI Statis earlier.

I blame myself for his death
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Holly don't blaim yourself your vet gave Elvis a clean bill of health you weren't to know. You asked on the forum here and stumped us DO NOT BLAIM YOURSELF!

Back