• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can you tell if ur rabbit wants attention or wants food?

Charlie

Young Bun
This may sound a strange question, but is there any way you can tell wether your rabbit wants attention or wants food?
The reason is, everytime I go and see Dandi, she looks excited to see me as she runs downstairs into the run, does a lap around the run, comes back up again and bites the bars. This mostly happens if she sees food.
When I go to see her and I don't have food, she does a similar thing, but when I stroke her she eaither turns her head round or sniffs me in a way that to me suggests that she's looking for food. Once I've given her a stroke, she usually hops away too!
So does this mean that she wants a cuddle, or she wants food! What are the signs that a rabbit wants a cuddle and a stroke? I know they sometimes make a purring sound and lick you, but I don't think i've seen her do that!

Maybe she’s hungry? Normally you can tell its food when a rabbit bounces around you and you have something in your hand. Or maybe they are thinking "Mummy, Mummy!" hehe

Skye runs round like she's so excited and has never been fed in her life before when I approach to fill her food bowl up. She's always got lots of hay but she just loves the pellets!

Niamh runs into her cage and sits by her bowl whenever I walk past if she's hungry!!! She tends to live mainly off of hay and veg, so I only feed her pellets if she begs!!! :lol: If she wants attention she'll just nudge my leg and bow her head for a nose rub! :D

Treacle and fudge are always hungry so I ignore them as much as possible! :lol: They get very grumpy if I'm late with meals and will bite or start destroying everything!!! :shock:

and Splodge will just lick you to death if he wants attention! :D

Back