• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding in big groups - when to do it?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
as some of you may know i have 6 bonded rabbits and i want to bond in to them the last two brothers, problem is i am wondering when to do it?, as the bonded group have only been lovingly bonded for 3 weeks, plus when they were small one of the brothers that i want to bond in had a fight with one of the brothers that are allready in the big group (hope u know what i mean) it was my own thought because i separated them for a couple of hours to take one to the vets :roll:

do you think it is a good idea or wait longer?

do you think they will remember? i heard once that if a rabbits has a big fight they will never be able to be bonded back? what do you think?

eve x

If you try wait a rew months. My Willie and his brother bear got into a viscous fight (boxing, circling , biting, and ending in a clench) when they were 7 weeks old. They have been seperated for about 8 months but it hasn't helped. I took bear into my room to have a run and when Willie saw him he tried everything he could to get out of the cage and attack bear. For a few hours he was then very aggressive to my girls. I know how frustrated you must be but I wouldn't recomend trying to bond them in now!

Back