• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GRUNTING

SAR

Young Bun
HI

MY BUNNIE, MOLLY MAKES A VERY LOW GRUNTING NOISE WHEN SHE'S RUNNING AROUND - IS THIS NORMAL? SHE IS THE GRUMPY ONE - DO NOT LIKED TO BE PICKED UP! SHE IS VERY ADVENTUROUS THOUGH

MY OTHER BUNNIE, HONEY NEVER DOES - SHE IS THE SOPPY ONE, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH HER. A DIGGER THOUGH!!

THEY ARE BOTH GORGEOUS IN THEIR ON WAY. HOPEFULLY WHEN THEY ARE SPAYED MOLLY MIGHT NOT BE SO SCARED TO BE PICKED UP.

AT FIRST I THOUGHT SHE MUST BE ILL BUT SHE RUNS AND JUMPS AND FLIPS ALL THE TIME - SPEEDS AROUND THE GARDEN BUT WHEN I'M IN DOORS I CAN HEAR HER GRUNTING SO I ALWAYS KNOWS WHEN SHE'S UNDER MY FEET!

ANY IDEAS

THANKS

SAR

First thing - are you sure she is female as running round your legs and grunting sounds typically male behaviour to me and means I want to mate with you ;)?

If you are sure she is female then usually this is just does being a bit stroppy.

I have a spayed doe that is still aggressive (she did calm down a bit after spaying). She grunts to warn me when I am doing something she doesn't like for example if I am in what she considers her territory. Sometimes is a prelude to launching herself at me and biting me :roll: .

Spaying should calm your girl down and stop her being less territorial so you should get grunted at less!

My other doe has never grunted at me - they are all different ;) !

Caz

My girl Squishie use to run round our legs so it is possible for a female, they either want attention or they fancy you!! I know she is definately a girl too as she has just been speyed.

Grunting can either be happy or angry. Squishie made a noise whilst running around us, probably not grunting but a creaky noise, quite odd the first time your hear it.

Eamon my grumpy neutered mail grunts sometimes when I go to stroke him, some times he doesnt. Part of his lovely personality!

Regrding being able to pick up after speying, that may not follow as thats more to do with being prey not hormones. They get scared as in the wild birds catch them and lift them up. Just try picking up the front paws first and see how they take it and gradually work up to fully picking them up.

gunting can also mean she wants mating so if she isnt spayed then this might be y as they can get nasty too, iv got a few
becky

Back