• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
Okey, most of you know the situation I'm in with the bonding of Daisy and Blaise. For those who don't, here is a brief summary:

I started them out in a neutral space, they were fine there so we went to the un-neutral space. In the un-neutral space, there have been no actual fights, just a lot of tension. They just sit in the middle of the room, with their heads together, and dont move. If one of them moves, then the other gets mad and starts to bite. Then we have to seperate them. Its been like this for 3 weeks now with no improvement. I have been taking them out together everyday, but we have had no luck.

My question is, since they are okey together, there is just a lot of tension in the un-neutral space, how do you think they would do in a new cage. You see, I have a new hutch that neither of them have been in. I will get all new supplies, so there will be no reason to be territorial. For their run, we are building a brand new run, in a space where neither of them have been, so there should be now territorial issues there.

Do you this will work? Has anyone been through something like this with bonding and has any suggestions?

I am really hoping that I can just finish the bonding process soon. I can tell they love eachother. When blaise comes out of his cage, daisy gets the most relaxed look on her face and flops near him. Thats why I'm so confused...should I keep going to give up?

Thanks for reading and the more help the better :D

It sounds like a possible idea, as the whole situation will be new to both it may elict some dominance humping though while one decides who is to be boss of the new area. In theory after they have that sorted they should settle down. As they are on an even footing it hopefully shouldn't lead to fighting as no-one believes they own it.

All I can say is go for it! With Zeus and Athena I ended up plonking them in a new run that Athena could get out of and letting them sort it out in the end. When she got stressed she ran away then went back for more until she had him suitably cowed ;). Just make sure there are plenty of hiding spaces for the less dominant one to use to get away (tubes are best as anything with a dead end will cause the cornered rabbit to turn and fight).

Caz

Okey, thanks! I'll go for it! Today I'm getting supplies for the new runs and will hopefully be building today :D I'll let everyone know how it works out...keep you fingers crossed!

Lolly was getting territorial about her litter tray so i bought a giant potting tray to use with neutral smell. Could be a territorial thing i guess. New to this too as tonight will be the first night Sooty and Lolly are together

Back