• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit likes large Hamster Wheel?

Surely this will damage the spine...? Even hamsters have to have much bigger wheels than what most give them.. But they're a compromise because hamsters would travel massive distances in the wild every night which they can't in a cage even an insanely large one. But rabbits don't do that in the wild... So seems unnecessary? And potentially dangerous? Idk I'd never do this for my buns!

I think in the Instagram video (I can't view the Facebook one) that's a cat wheel

Last edited:
Surely this will damage the spine...? Even hamsters have to have much bigger wheels than what most give them.. But they're a compromise because hamsters would travel massive distances in the wild every night which they can't in a cage even an insanely large one. But rabbits don't do that in the wild... So seems unnecessary? And potentially dangerous? Idk I'd never do this for my buns!

I think in the Instagram video (I can't view the Facebook one) that's a cat wheel

that's why Tam said back in 2005 that the wheel has to be big enough. I don't have space in my house for that size wheel, but the video shows that rabbit seems to enjoy it

that's why Tam said back in 2005 that the wheel has to be big enough. I don't have space in my house for that size wheel, but the video shows that rabbit seems to enjoy it

Sorry I've not read back [emoji38] yea I guess if it was large enough to prevent spinal curvature it could potentially be spine safe.. Still wouldn't do it personally tho and I'd be mega concerned about sore hocks!

Back