Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rabbit likes large Hamster Wheel?

Sorry just can't see any merits in this, whatever the size of the wheel.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hopping View Post
    so I wonder if this wheel radius is big enough for an average size rabbit?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUNk-...noGDgMQL_lASkU

https://www.facebook.com/23475316655...97239211207165

Surely this will damage the spine...? Even hamsters have to have much bigger wheels than what most give them.. But they're a compromise because hamsters would travel massive distances in the wild every night which they can't in a cage even an insanely large one. But rabbits don't do that in the wild... So seems unnecessary? And potentially dangerous? Idk I'd never do this for my buns!

I think in the Instagram video (I can't view the Facebook one) that's a cat wheel
    Last edited by Graciee; 27-09-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Also, rabbits run in a completely different style to hamsters, mice and rats.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Pearl, Bramble and Hazel guinea pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Surely this will damage the spine...? Even hamsters have to have much bigger wheels than what most give them.. But they're a compromise because hamsters would travel massive distances in the wild every night which they can't in a cage even an insanely large one. But rabbits don't do that in the wild... So seems unnecessary? And potentially dangerous? Idk I'd never do this for my buns!

I think in the Instagram video (I can't view the Facebook one) that's a cat wheel
    that's why Tam said back in 2005 that the wheel has to be big enough. I don't have space in my house for that size wheel, but the video shows that rabbit seems to enjoy it
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hopping View Post
    that's why Tam said back in 2005 that the wheel has to be big enough. I don't have space in my house for that size wheel, but the video shows that rabbit seems to enjoy it
    Sorry I've not read back yea I guess if it was large enough to prevent spinal curvature it could potentially be spine safe.. Still wouldn't do it personally tho and I'd be mega concerned about sore hocks!