• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor poor Angel

so very sorry Lynda :cry: this is just awful, poor Joan too :( I can just imagine the fear that poor Angel and her buddies had :cry: as has been said, I hope they reached the rainbow bridge quick. I have to say that I also agree that the owner of the dog should be reported because not only has the dog savagely attacked these poor fluff balls but could also do the same to a small child as well as do it again to another animal, forwarned is forarmed. My moms dog is a yorkie as you know and if out walking in the park, there have been many a time when he has had to picked up because another dog has thought he was a rabbit :(

run free little Miss Angel bun and buddies xxx

hugs to you too Lynda, as well as Joan and the little bun who is left, hope this little guy has the strength to overcome this

Aww Lynda - what can I say. I know this must have been so sad and such a shock to you and Jim (and poor Joan too).

Please try not to dwell on what happened too much - trust me it would have been instant. I know this is not much comfort to you but Angel had a lovely life with you guys and she managed to find the forever home that is so elusive.

Angel-bun and her friends are happy and free from pain, stress and worry now. I am sure they will look down on their little pal and help him/her to pull through.

Big big cuddles to you all.

lol Pam, Mash, Aggie and Twinkle (who sends a special cuddle and a kissy too)

bunnyhuggger said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Angel was one of our buns, she was rehomed recently to a lovely new home to stay with three other beautiful bunnies, she settled in straight away. This morning we got a distraught phone call from her owner to say that she and two of the other bunnies had been slaughtered by a dog last night. The dog had gotten loose from a neighbouring garden and ripped the run to bits to get at them. The people who had the dog were not apologetic at all, they merely said 'ah well, they had a good life with you when they were alive' and that the dog wasn't theirs anyway they were 'looking after it for a friend and it goes back home tomorrow'. The remaining bun is severely traumatised. ~

Oh my gosh! :shock: I am so sorry! :cry: This is absolutely devastating news, but also I agree that it is even more deeply upsetting in seeing how the responsible party to the dog didn't even seem to care about what happened. They should be ashamed of themselves. :no:

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there was more that could be said or done to help with the situation. The angel rabbits will forever be in my thoughts as well.

OMG that is just so awful. And those stupid ignorant people re - the dog!! Are they too thick to realise that now that dog has a taste of blood and enjoying the kill. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but those poor bunnies may not stop at being that dogs only victims.

It could attack and maim or attack and kill another defenceless animal or just as easily go for a childs face / throat. Will those d*ckhead dog sitters be so quick then to say "oh well".................... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Obviously Angel's owners must be distraught, but it is also important for that dog to be investigated and reported to the RSPCA. Is it really worth the risk of 'what if?' to sit back and do nothing?

Oh Lynda...this is just so horrible to hear and I know how much you will take it to heart. everyone on here is just so caring that we find it hard to believe how anyone could be so utterly callous and cruel

Thinking of you

heartsw.gif

What an awful thing :cry: :cry: I can't believe how callous and stupid some people are. I'm sure it was quick for Angel and her friends but it doesn't make it any less unforgiveable :evil:

Thank you everyone for caring, all your lovely thoughts for Angel and her bunny buddies will be winging their way up to them, and will help to heal them in spirit.

I thought I was coping quite well and was keeping myself busy to try and take my mind off it, however, that didn't work did it :roll: Just one word of sympathy and I'm off again, all snot and ultrasonic. Dogs for miles around come running when they hear my squeaky voice :roll: It never gets any easier :(

Anyway, thank you all so much xxx

Oh my Gosh! that is dreadful! I am almost speechless! I cannot begin to imagine how that feels! I am so sorry and am sending you big hugs! :cry:

RIP lil bunnies!

Lynda - so devastated to hear this I've been away for a few days - words fail me really - just to say your wee girl is now free from pain and with our much loved much missed spirt bunns.

Soft muzzle kisses Angel XXX

Lynda i am soooooooo sorry . That was just a horrible thing to happen. Can't say any more...just dreadful

Lynda, Im sorry I only caught up with this yesterday. Its such a horrible, horrible thing to have happened. Just cant imagine how Joan feels after finding that. How's the wee bun who was left doing now ?

Back