• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this progress?

Lanny

Warren Scout
Please can you tell me if this is good or not?

We have been trying to bond our two buns, all is well apart from the male thinks the pen and hutch are his territory.

So we have been putting them in nuetral territory, where they get on fine, and then into the pen together where he chases her and there is a bit of fur pulling.

After reading some advice on this forum (thank you everyone!) :D we decided that we were being wusses and stopping the chasing far too quickly and maybe we should let them sort it a bit as there is no actual fighting.

Those of you who are still wih me thank you :lol:

Last night we did just this and there was a bit of fur flyiong but it calmed down and they just sort of tolerated each other. We had a couple more scuffles after that.

Now my question is, Is this good in which case we will carry on or if not please may I have your bestest tips :D Please!

I would say that that is good progress! As long as it's just a bit of fur pulling and chasing and no full on fighting then they sound fine :D , Beleive me you'll know if it's a proper fight!

Keep it up and they'll be snuggled in no time :D

thanks for the encouragement, I am sure everyone knows that this can be the most trying and heart string pulling part of owning buns! But hey they are sooo worth it :lol:

I agree with Phill, thats progress. Bonding bunnies is v v stressful for owners! I seem to remember Charlie and Lavender doing the chasing fighting constantly, then they'd tolerate each other for a bit, and then have another round of chasing, then ignore each other and on we'd go. The mistake Ithink I made was just letting them do this for a few hours and then separating them. We eventually decided to stop being wusses and just put them together for a whole day - we kept an eye on them of course by the evening they were snuggled and licking each other. :D

Back