• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

seperating bonded pairs

Denny said:
soounds like you need a forklift truck and a large dog crate Eve :wink: :lol: :lol: dont think they require road tax so you would be well away :lol: :lol: :lol:

forklift.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is wicked Denny, perhaps we could go into mass production of buuny fork lifts, would be useful at one or two rescues I am sure!! :!: :p :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
Denny said:
soounds like you need a forklift truck and a large dog crate Eve :wink: :lol: :lol: dont think they require road tax so you would be well away :lol: :lol: :lol:

forklift.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is wicked Denny, perhaps we could go into mass production of buuny fork lifts, would be useful at one or two rescues I am sure!! :!: :p :lol: :lol:

and me!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: but thats i sdefinately briliant denny, darn it why did i not think of it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

donna-arc said:
Actually, Caz, you're Violet came to us with a male rabbit but one of the reasons they came in was because they were fighting. So splitting them wasn't a problem either.

If you could see Cosmos and Violet cuddled up now - splitting them up would be awful for both.

It does depend on the situation, as Violet and her old partener were fighting I wouldn't have said they were truely "bonded", whereas it is true love with Violet and Cosmos so I would never split them up unless something changed and they started fighting.

Caz

bonded pairs

Agreed... think its awful to split up bonded pairs I would never seperate them...its bad enough if one half of a pair dies leaving the other one alone but I have found that the survivor usually will eventually accept another partner...I had this with my dusky, her partner pedro (who was disabled) died & she lived alone for over a year then one day cheeky rolo hopped into her hutch & he,s been there ever since, they spend ages grooming each other they really are devoted.

Caz said:
donna-arc said:
Actually, Caz, you're Violet came to us with a male rabbit but one of the reasons they came in was because they were fighting. So splitting them wasn't a problem either.

If you could see Cosmos and Violet cuddled up now - splitting them up would be awful for both.

It does depend on the situation, as Violet and her old partener were fighting I wouldn't have said they were truely "bonded", whereas it is true love with Violet and Cosmos so I would never split them up unless something changed and they started fighting.

Caz

I can see that there are different situations to whether a 'so called' bonded pair of buns are seperated and I know that many rescues would not do this as they have the experience and knowledge to know if something is not working :)

the reason I started this topic is in the hope that, anyone reading this forum that have listed buns up for rehoming not just on RR but anywhere else too would think twice before writing details about them. It appears to be Jo public that seem to put that they are bonded but willing to seperate :( If they dont get on in the first place then surely it would be better to list them seperately, but why put them as bonded in the first place if they are truely not compatible :wink:

I am not having a go at anyone here as at least folk are trying to find a home for their bunnies, they could so easily just release them rather than try, so there is good intentions in trying to rehome them, just wish they would not list them as prefer to go together but willing to seperate as someone might like the look of one bun but not the other so feel it is very unfair to split them :( Just my opinion though :)

I think all Bunnies should be adopted out as pairs if that is how they came in. I am not to keen on shelters pairing rabbits though. I think that in the long run it makes it hard for the bunnies to be adopted. It seems like alot of the time people adopt single bunnies to get one of their bunnies a companion, and when bunnies get paired up there are fewer "singles" to pick from.

Back