• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding situation

Karly

Banned
I've currently been bonding my two male bunnies - for those who haven't read about it, one's about 2 and a Netherland Dwarf with no front teeth (Mary), the other's about 5-6 months and is a mini lop (I did say he was a Dwarf lop before but have since found out he's not), Joey. Both are neutered (mini lop was neutered this Wednesday, so bonding was starting before he was neutered)
There was a little rough start (though nothing major), but since then things had been going great.
They've had a little break while Joey recovers from his op, then my plan was to carry on bonding.
However, Wednesday I ended up getting another mini lop bunny (who's been dubbed Squishy temporarily), who's had a bit of a dodgy tummy and severe malloclussion. His teeth have been burred down, and he's due to have them out (and get neutered) once his tummy has settled, hopefully after a course of probiotics.
Now I'm wondering if it would be best to attempt bonding the toothless Netherland with the new mini lop, once he's all healthy and has had his teeth out.
Due to the caution when having males living together, I was thinking along the lines of it being slightly safer to have the two males with no teeth together. That way, should they fall out, they'd not be able to inflict quite so much damage (ripping ears, biting noses, etc.).
I'd also not have to worry about Joey stealing Mary's diced/grated veg, eating all his Readigrass and timothy hay, etc.
Then I could rescue a female for Joey as a friend.
However, since I've started the bonding with Mary and Joey, and it's been going so well, I'm a bit reluctant to stop, incase things didn't work out with Mary and Squishy.
Any advice?

hi

Maybe a threesome, like 5cutebunnies has? Depends so much on their temperament and health that you would be the best judge really :)

Back