• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Bunny Pees on Settee

jandy54

New Kit
We have recently taken in a rescue bunny for foster. She had been very stressed out by dogs. After a couple of days she settled really well. Follows hubby around everywhere, running round his feet. She has taken to peeing on the settee. Mainly where I sit or my husband sits. I haven't seen her wee anywhere else. Any ideas please. I'm not used to having a bunny, only fostered mainly dogs before. To be honest, in alot of ways she is like a puppy, following everyone about. When called she will usually come to you.

How old is the bunny?
When i first got my little buck he was 10weeks old and for about a month he was always weeing on the sofa.. i just assumed it was part of his toilet training. Whenever he did it i put him back in his cage for a while hoping he would get the idea. I also washed the sofa covers to remove the smell of his wee so that he wouldnt assume it was his toilet corner :shock: Maybe you could either put him into his cage or into a litter tray as soon as you notice him raising his tail. Do you have a tray in the room? It could be if he is becoming a teenager that he is just scenting his space. I know alot of people on here have had problems with rabbits weeing on their beds so hopefully one of them may have other ideas.

My Joey used to pee the couch at any opportunity :shock: He's only done it once since he was neutered 3 months ago. Has your bunny been neutered?

She is will be marking her terriotory one of my house bunnies does this to me and my oh if I take in another bun or Guinea pig.

I have read on the language of lagomorphs site that it is a bunny compliment. Because it smells like you they mark your smell with theirs to say "you belong to me".

I would prefer flowers or a box of chocs myself ;) !

I think neutering would be a good start if they aren't already then every time he goes to wee pop him in the litter tray, if he goes outside the tray mop it up with a tissue and pop the tissue in the tray. As Dideen said you need to clean the other area like your sofa well so it doesn't smell like his pee corner.

Caz

my 2 rescues buns (1 year old and neutered) both weed and pooed on my sofa. For me I found it was a matter of finding out where they wanted their litter tray.

I moved it in different places and eventually found that when I put it in a certain corner they used it religiously. Even though they had only pood in that place once before! Odd bunnies. Anyway they havent done it on my sofa since. So there is hope.

jandy54 said:
We have recently taken in a rescue bunny for foster. She had been very stressed out by dogs. After a couple of days she settled really well. Follows hubby around everywhere, running round his feet. She has taken to peeing on the settee. Mainly where I sit or my husband sits. I haven't seen her wee anywhere else. Any ideas please. I'm not used to having a bunny, only fostered mainly dogs before. To be honest, in alot of ways she is like a puppy, following everyone about. When called she will usually come to you.

i soughta have that problem millie usually wees on my bed or if not on my bed pees and poos anywhere but her cage!

Back