• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick Bonding question

Mikeymoo

Mama Doe
I am hoping to bond my two boys. How long after a neuter should i start?

I would ideally like to know if there is any chance of success by the end of August as im going away and will need two hutches for when they go to my mums

hi

I think they say a buck is still fertile 6wks after being 'done' so I guess the hormones are still fairly high till then - but as pregnancy's not an issue in this case you could try them together as soon as his boys bits are healed up, after about 10 days I guess?

I think bonding depends on the bunnies - they may hate each other in which case it will take best part of a year, or they may love each other, which does sometimes happen with 2 boys! So long as you introduce them somewhere totally new, where neither of them have been before, and have a long-handled broom and plant spray to hand incase one goes for the other - and a willing and brave OH to help, it could work...

It would also be best if they are housed securely in cages next to each other for a few weeks before introducing, so they get familiar with each other's smells.

good luck :)

How old were they when u had them done ,because if they were adults it may never work,i know some people do manage it but i dont think it will be at all easy if they are adults. The older they were when done the harder it will be as they knew they were boys if u know whot i mean.If they were babysand castrated at say three moths they may well get on well. val

Mikey is just over a year old and Buster is about 17 weeks .

I introduced them in the garden this afternoon. Buster was in his run and Mikey was running about. I thought that i would have a problem with Mikey but it was Buster that tried to bite Mikey and scratch him

micky must be brave lol,perhaps hes going to be the boss. take it very slowly,as i said in my experience it rarly works but who nos good luck. val

Back