• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding by car journey?

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
Was just thinking about bonding methods and I know that a lot of people recommend bonding by taking your bunnies in a car journey. How do you do this? I think I asked before and was advised to put them in one carrier. Mines would be fighting in there before I even left the house! :shock: How have others got round this?

If you have got 2 carriers, this is how I did it.

I drove 1 mile to my mum's with them in seperate carriers, enough to get them quiet but not far enough to upset them greatly. Once at my mum's I put them both into the same carrier and went for a long ride (about 1 hour). When I came back they were put into the run together to stretch their legs and were fine.

Update: Not in love with each other, but tolerate each other and their is no violence. Which was a huge improvement from previous behaviour.

Hope this helps :)

No problems at my mum's during change over.

Only problem now is they have decided to do hutch swapping (this happens every night at bed time) Not really a problem, just leaves me with extra sweeping up to do, as they throw each others nests around :lol: :lol:

When we went to pick Puzzle up from Cheryl I took a plastic indoor cage with me in the boot of the car and just drove all the way home with them both in that.
They were bonded by the time we got home and I've never had a problem since. :D

rngpwelfare said:
When we went to pick Puzzle up from Cheryl I took a plastic indoor cage with me in the boot of the car and just drove all the way home with them both in that.
They were bonded by the time we got home and I've never had a problem since. :D

And were they fine when you initially put them in there together? Mines would fight. :(

Back