• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to get feeding syringes ?

Dorothy

Alpha Buck
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows where I can get hold of the feeding syringes for sick bunnies. I use the regular syringes the vet gives me but it would be easier if I had the right ones that have a bigger opening to draw up mushed up pellets which can be quite a thick consistancy, too thick to go into the regular syringe easily.
I have had a look on Bunny Bazaar and other sites but can't remember where I saw them. If anyone knows please pet me know. I seem to be doing loads of post op syringe feeding this year :? .

I use these Dorothy, you just cut off the nozzle according to consistency of food mix, they're around £3 to £4.
MikkiFeedingSyringe.jpg

If you can't get them locally, let me know if you'd like me to get you some

if you go into Boots and say that your child/brother or what ever cannot take their calpol on a spoon and ask for a syringe they will give you one free - well its just a wee lie!!!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'll try some of the sudgestions. I'll get the right thing then probably no one will need syringe feeding for ages :roll: :lol: :lol: .

bunnyhuggger said:
I use these Dorothy, you just cut off the nozzle according to consistency of food mix, they're around £3 to £4.
MikkiFeedingSyringe.jpg

If you can't get them locally, let me know if you'd like me to get you some

These are the ones i am using for clarrissa i got them from my local pet shop as the ones the vet gave me weren't that big

ellepotter said:
Thank's for posting this Dorothy! :D

I've been after some good syringe's for a while now.

Louise

Me too Louise, Dorothy has just reminded me to get an order in :wink: I am down to my last syringe, and it is all because of Boadicea the British Giant who keeps chewing them in half every time i try to give her Baytril :shock: :shock: :shock: she thinks its a great game!! :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: The little big devil!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back