• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit makin a nest

I heard that too......

apprently it lowers the risk a bit once they have had babies in also in one of my rabbit books rabbit lopedia

Sorry girls, you've been mis-informed. There is no difference in the risk of uterine cancer between breeding and non breeding does.

Our vet spays hundreds of rabbits for us each year. Almost every one over the age of 4 has the start of uterine cancer! It does not matter if they have never had kits or have come from a breeder. They ALL have it.
She has even seen the start of it in 2 year olds.

Most vets (ours included before she started spaying so many for us) have no idea of the scale of the problem. Very often the rabbits die without showing any symptons so it goes undetected.

well i cleaned out my rabbit yestaday and removed all the fur and she was fine didnt even bother makin a new nest gave her fresh hay and now i can hear her scratchin pullin hay out of the rack and ive just lukd shes makin another nest but this time no fur so far anyway.
thers sumthin seriously wrong wiv my rabbit lol shes cute tho wen she grabs loads of hay in her mouth and has it poppin out at each side of her cheaks :lol:

Back