• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pairing neutered and un-neutered rabbits

sarahnoble

New Kit
Hi there,

My rabbit elvis has recently been neutered last week. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the length of recovery and for the neutering to become effective i would be very greatful.

The reason i got him neutered in the first place besides for health reasons was so he could be paired with another rabbit. My friend's rabbit has just had a litter of babies which are now around 6-8 weeks old, however if i take one of those she will not be neutered and was wondering what the implecations of this may be. Also how long should i wait after the neutering to introduce them?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah x

Six weeks for him to become infertile and the hormones to decrease. I wouldn't mix them earlier with a baby, as the baby will be less able to stand up to the bonding with a male that wants to chase/hump.

So if i left it around 6 weeks and introduced them gradually - leaving their cages side by side etc - you think this would be ok? Thanks for the advice :)

Yep, if you have room to keep them seperate you would be okay. Living next to each other is a good way to make bonding go easier. She'll have grown abit by the time you introduce them too that way.

Babies shouldn't leave home until atleast 8 weeks old so you'll need to check the age :D

Tam

Back