• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Littertray tipping driving me CRAZY!!!

cazza269

Mama Doe
Any tips on how to stop/limit this happening, Cobey is doing it constantly, its driving me nuts and o/h keeps moaning about the stary poo :roll:

Have you tried cutting a side out of the litter tray to make it easier for him to get in and out? I did this with patches i cut a side down to about 1cm and he never tipped it over again.

its not actually when he is going in to use it, he is shoving it around and actually lifting it up and tipping it :roll: typical boy not houseproud in the slightest!! :lol:

Ah! Cheeky littlw monkey! You could try sticking it to the floor with some double sided tape??!!!!

Someone on here posted about using roof tiles under their cat litter inside the tray to make the litter tray too heavy to move or a house brick!

Caz

roflol!! I have a roll of tape, sounds worth a try to me!! anything to stop a moaning hubby...worse than the kids he is, least I can send them to their room :roll:

Drill some holes in the side of the tray and put in some cable ties / string then use something to attatch it to the sideof the cage / hutch such as dowel. You need to be able to remove it when it has been used!

Drill some holes in the side of the tray and put in some cable ties / string then use something to attatch it to the sideof the cage / hutch such as dowel. You need to be able to remove it when it has been used!

ooohhh what a clever idea! time to get inventive again!!

I usually put Roo's try in the corner of his run with a brick against it to stop moving around... which works for me.....although the other day I was away overnight so the O/H cleaned Roo's tray for me....Roo obviously didn't like the way he had done it though as had pulled out the entire contents of the litter tray in disgust.

Splats on the other hand sometimes pushes the little tray off the top of his hutch....I think he just thinks its a game.

Funny Bunnies

I have one rabbit that does that. I got some kitchen towel hooks, attached two to the side of the litter tray. You need to attach them at the right point so you can then hook the tray over the wire side of the cage... This obviously only works if you have something that you can hook the tray on!

Vera

Cazza,

I had the same problem so I drilled 2 little holes in the corner litter tray and then used plant wire to tie it to her crate! It works a treat and the litter tray stays put!!!! :D Even if i forget to tie it, she doesn't bother moving it as she is out of the habit now!!!! :wink:

cazza269 said:
its not actually when he is going in to use it, he is shoving it around and actually lifting it up and tipping it :roll: typical boy not houseproud in the slightest!! :lol:
millie does this and i drives me mad! she doesnt actually use her litter tray any more! how can i re-train her>?

Skye was doing this when she had a smaller corner litter tray. I put in a large square high backed one and she leaves it alone... although she does now dig out all of the litter all over her cage!

hi

Amy - sometimes rabbits lose their litter habits when they get to their teenage stage - Once she's been spayed she will (after a couple of months) lose the hormones which make her mark her space with poops and wee - sometimes it's best to wait till they're 'done' but some rabbits are cleaner than others even after that - My boys seem to get poops on the floor from jumping out of their boxes with them stuck on their feet, so I put fresh litter on top of the poop pile a few times a day.

If they've marked with wee everywhere I'm not sure what's best to get rid of the smell (which tells them to do it there again!) - maybe start a new topic on that one? You can put poops in the litter tray and keep the rabbit shut in its cage with the tray for most of the time until it remembers to use the tray maybe? I wouldn't expect toilet training perfect till she's spayed though. :)

My 2 have 2 of these boxes for loos - too big to shove around!
leftovers.jpg

I feel proud of my buns now as none of them tip their litter trays, even the ones in their runs, one digs in it but thats about it. I thought I had all deliquants well they must just be part deliquants.

Back