• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eating vet bedding!!

leesabuntine

Warren Scout
Hi

My bunny has eaten some of his vet bedding....which he has never did before!
Is it safe enough and will it pass through him...or will i contact the vet?

Thanks
leesa.

Thats strange you say that! When I first started working at the vets that I am still at now about 6 years ago,they told me never to put vet bed in with the rabbits as they will eat it and get blockages. Since I have been on this site though lots of people seem to use vet bed and I have also seen it sold for buns? I would give the vets a call just to be on the safe side, they may say its nothing to worry about but at least it will put your mind at rest!

:shock: My Buddy was on Vet Bed.... He never used to eat it though. Mond you he wouldnt eat anything apart from his pellets and yoggies and dwarf corn :roll:

Im not using it at the moment for Harvey due to the hot weather....

hi

when it got warmer my 2 started to chew their blanket and vetbed, which hadn't been touched for months - so I removed the blanket but left the vetbed as they then (I say 'they' but I bet it's Benny not Pepsi - he's a chewer!) decided to eat the roofing felt off their hidey box - so I covered the huge holes with a piece of vetbed again...They had one of those pellet balls and just chewed a hole in it - but Benny actually EATS what he chews - there's no bits left - he ate a large piece of a plastic bag last week too - and my rubber doormat has to be moved every time they're out for a run - he eats my boots too while I'm wearing them!...Pepsi sometimes copies him after watching for a minute, but I don't know why Benny chews so much...So far no blockage - fingers crossed that he chews everything up small enough to pass through for the future - although I guess stuff may accumulate over time in their gut? Not much you can do except remove stuff before they eat it - but it's not fair for Pepsi to have a bare cell to live in, just because his bro eats everything in sight...

Back