• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willie has become aggressive lately!

This is extremely unusual. Willie has always been the sweetest bunny. My does have always been territorial of their cage and have never liked being held. Since bonding Willie with Aspen he has become very territorial of his cage and aggressive when I let them run. He has been charging and trying to bite me. Is this a coincidence or has the bonding with Aspen changed him a bit?

Once he is out of his cage for a few minutes he is back to his usual snuggly self. Aspen has also becom nicer. Are some of their personality traits rubbing off on eachother? Should I expect more changes in their behavior?

Being with another bunny helps reduce stress maybe Aspen is feeling more relaxed. If your a single bun you have to do all the looking out for danger yourself where as with other buns you can pick up signals for them. If his body language is saying -this isn't a threat - then she can pick up those clues from him and act more relaxed.

Are you sure it's his cage he's being territorial over and not her? Some bunnies can be protective of their friends especially if they can see them getting upset or are worried your going to steal them away.

Tam

That would make more sense. When Aspen isn't in sight he isn't so snippy with me. Infact he goes back to his loving self. I am glad that he fell for her so much.

Thanks for your help to Tam. You were a real help when I was bonding them and you really have been great encouragment with my bunny problems.
Thank you so much!

Your welcome :D I think seeing two bunnies loved up is a wonderful sight, I'm happy to have helped. I bet you're enjoying watching them interact together.

I had one girl who would only accept noserubs when her boyfriend was having them. She'd sneak up and wedge her nose in tight up next to his so you could stoke both with one hand. I guess either she was jealous of the attention or seeing him enjoying himself gave her the confidence to try it too - maybe a mix of both.

Tamsin

Back