• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaving bun over night

Sweetie

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone.........the nice weather didnt last long did it!!!!

Oh well,

Im just wondering whether its ok to leave my bun over night? He`d be left with all the hay he could eat, a clean litter tray, a bowl of pellets, some veggies anf two water bottles.

I have never left him before but if you peeps dont recommend it then i wont leave him, just wondered what you all thought? :D

If your leaving him with plenty of food and enough spce then he should be ok over night. Do you have a pen Holly?

Got to be honest, I do go to parties and don't arrive home until the next day (unintentionaly) quite abit. My bunsters are all fed and watered before I go and are always fine when I get back, suppose it's only the same as going to bed and waking up the next morning :D .

No, I havent got a pen for him but his cage would be left open in the hall so hes got the run of that, i live in a flat so when I shut all the doors (bedroom, living room etc) he has a pretty big running space to be honest plus its in the shade so it keeps cool.

Do you think that would be ok? Im supposed to be going to West Mids Sarafi Park tomorrow so I wouldnt be arriving home until mid afternoonish. :?

Oh Gosh Holly leaving him with free rain of the hall and plenty of food and water will be just fine XX It will only really be like you having a good old sleep Elvis probably wont even notice XXX

sounds perfectly fine as long as anywhere he can get is totally bunny proofed i.e. no wires to nibble or anything. Have a great day out!

luvabun said:
sounds perfectly fine as long as anywhere he can get is totally bunny proofed i.e. no wires to nibble or anything. Have a great day out!

No, its all safe for him, there arent any wires or anything at all. I always leave the kitchen door open for him just for a bit of sun if he wants it but hes scared of the kitchen floor :shock: He`ll go in the bathroom on the tiles in there but he wont venture into the kitchen!!! Strange little bun!

I'm sure your bun will be fine, I'm the same as Tree I quite often leave mine overnight. A lot of my friends live in different towns to me, so when they have parties I let the buns out on Saturday morning to have breakfast and then hop around for a few hours. I put them in their cage (BIG dog crate) mid afternoon - give them their evening food early (mine are fed twice a day) go to Bristol or wherever for a party and don't get back until lunchtime the next day. I make sure the curtains are shut so the sun doens't bother then, that they have lots of hay and water, and let them out for ages as soon as I get back, they don't seem to mind at all. I'm not syaing I'd do it every week but once every few months won't hurt!

oh im so glad you all think its ok. Ive never left him for more than a working day before so was a bit unsure. Im sure he`ll be ok, ill just give him a huge cuddle as soon as i get back :D :D :love:

:( :( :( Im at my parents now, Elvis is home alone.......gave him a big cuddle before I left. Hes got a water bottle, a water bowl, food bowl, veggie bowl, two hay racks, his cage, two litter trays, his favourite hidey hole box, a cardboard tunnel, his big cat igloo bet, a piece of vet bed and another box/tunnel thing.

Do you think he`ll be ok??

I'm sure he'll be fine. Probably invited his bunny friends for a party though - I'd check the carpet for carrot wine stains! :shock:
Squidgy's always been fine when we've left him. I don' hink he realises we're gone most of the time.

I leave mine overnight quite frequently. I just feed them before i go out and feed them again when i get back as they are usually fed in the evenings its not that bad at all. They are never that upset about being left alone. Im sure your bunny will be just fine.. go out and enjoy yaself!

Well. the little man did me proud......no mess apart from two little accidents but I sort of expected that. He was really pleased to see me when I got back, he was jumping up my legs and following me around everywhere!!! Bless. Atleast now I know that I can leave him overnight if need be again.

Im a proud bunny mommy at the mo!!! So proud infact that ive actually let him free range in the hall again (with his cage in there too as a base for him)....on a trial basis though...just to see how he gets on :D :D :D

Back