• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit concerned - Charlie & Lavender are fighting!

BevBunny

Mama Doe
Hi everyone, could do with some advice.

Charlie and Lavender have been living together and all loved up for a good few months now, with no aggression or issues between them at all. Both neutered etc etc.

I left them on their own in the lounge last night , I heard scuffling so ran to the lounge to see what was happening. They were chasing each other and there were ball of fur all over the lounge. There was more of Charlies fur than Lavenders, so I assumed she was the agressor. I separated them, checked them over - Charlie was bleeding a bit on his back, so I cleaned it and put sudacrem on it (is that the right thing to do?).

Then put them back together and kept an eye on them, few snaps but nothing serious. So I put them in their cage, slept with the doors open so I could hear them, and checked on them in the night. They seemed fine.

Got home from work and let them out, and he's snapping at her. I think its him not her, and there was just more of his fur around cos he's moulting.

I don't understand why they are doing it, its although they are re-establishing dominance. We moved the lounge a bit of Saturday and their crate is at a different angle but in the same place, but we treated the room for mites (with Crusade) - so thats the only thing I can think of thats is different - we made is smell different.

Anyone know what is going on? I'm worried about Charlie - he's already low cos he had his VHD a couple of weeks ago, got a bit stressed (he's 6) and has had a mite outbreak.

Any ideas?

Oh dear :(

Im not much help with the bonding part, but when we decorated our lounge, we still had Sof's cage in the same place. However, for a week or so afterwards she went really naughty and was generally a very naughty bunny :evil: Then, I think once she got used to the different colour of paint and sofa, she was fine again and has been back to herself ever since, that was the only thing it could have been!

Hope this is some use to you... :oops: :lol:

um.. i think its the heat again, same thing happened wih mine - not sur what to do!! i hope they're ok from now on!

Katie said:
um.. i think its the heat again, same thing happened wih mine - not sur what to do!! i hope they're ok from now on!

I think you could be right about the heat. I've got the buns fan out and put it on a timer plug so its on for 15 mins and off for 15 mins all the time, they seem much happier, theres been less chasing and they even snuggled up together a bit in front of it. :D Fingers crossed no more fighting.

Hey bev its probalby a number of things the first being the heat the second that the lounge will smell different so they have to reastablish territory.

Back