• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can i get a cheap run

Caits

Young Bun
I need a new run for harvey as the one he has is to small now but is there anywhere i can by cheap plastic coated mesh panels??

please help :)

yer i saw that one before... i just thought that it was awful expensive for a few bits of plastic coated mesh although at the moment its all i can find

hi

I've got about 6 of these nursery fireguards from Argos:
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...atalogId=3151&productId=123324&clickfrom=name

They are really useful - I link them together with cable ties permanently, and those dog leash clips for temporary fastening - they have a kind of lip at the top which one of my bunnies jumps on, but the other one doesn't - depends if you have a jumper or not! I lay one fireguard flat over the top of a pen if I want to make sure they're secure. You can make a 5 foot by nearly 3 foot pen with 2 fireguards, for £30.

thanks for that at the moment im trying to work out whether it is cheaper to buy things like that or for me to just make one myslf out of wood and mesh :?:

Not sure if this will help but my wood and wire run cost about £25 to build. It's 4ft x 4ft with a hinged lid using 2x1in timber...just to give you a rough idea :)

I got a roll of chicken wire, some staples, and long bits of wood from B and Q, i dont think it cost me <this is a guess cos it was ages ago> more than £40. I was so proud when i finished they are very satisfying to build.

Emilou, I did the same as you... 120cm post in the ground, staple gun the wire to it, then stretch the wire out into a square shape, then hammer in the other posts and staple the wire to each one. I did it for £30 including staple gun, but we only used normal mesh, not plastic coated.

The website/link above says.......

"Give your pets their freedom without having them try to escape -
6 Panels each 63cm x 63cm"

Our rabbits would easily jump this as it is only 63 cm. I built a large run which was 0.9m high (standard width for fencing rolls). I had to add a wire top as once Coco was fully grown (dwarf french lop), I caught her a couple of times hanging from the edge, on the verge if climbing out!

Cristian

Back