• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ouch Rabbit Bites

Sarah_Jane

Alpha Buck
Just need alittle bit of advice really...

My rabbit seems to keep biting my clothes when i'm holding him, and he always nips my skin and it really hurts. Now hes started to bite my bare skin! I really want to stop this now really. He Bite my neck lastweek and i've had a big lump since! :(

Please help
X

It Sounds as though he is trying to groom you! Is he neutered yet? Also try turning your back on him when he does it. it's the rabbit equivalent of saying no!

Poppy does this to me too, on my trouser legs, and she digs at them too!! Sometimes she really nips, but she doesnt mean to!!! :roll:

It may calm down his manly instinct! And it may calm down the nipping! Also as he gets older and more hormonal he may start to hump you and anything else he can! Nuetering would stop this!

It's not the humping and nibbling that's the worst thing... It's when they start spraying you because it STINKS! It's a sign of affection but I haven't met anyone yet who likes going round smelling of rabbit wee!

Neutered rabbits are definitely easier to live with!

I'd say he likes you and is tryng to groom you too!

When it hurts let out an eeek sound as this is what rabbits do to each other when it hurts. Also as Phil said, put him down and turn your back to him, it tells him you are upset, if you look over your shoulder at him it then asks for an apology and hopefully he should come over to you for a snuggle.

Caz

Aww that's great thanks alot. Would you say he is too young at the moment to get it done?

I'm always saying "ouch" when he does it!! :cry:

Thanks x

My bunny used to nip me on the arms when I was carrying her, she just didnt like being up away from the ground and has finally stopped now she knows i wont drop her. She needed time to get used to being carried.

When I carry my Lilly from her run to her hutch indoors, I have to wear mums (no more!) thick fleece because all Lilly does is bite!! she bites chunks out of the fleece and scrambles all over the place. This is in contrast to my beautiful Jasper who just used to sit in my arms like a toddler/baby!!

Lilly has been spayed - i gues shes just naughty and all bunny's are different! I also think it depends on how theve been handled from a young age - Lilly was a rescue, Jasper wasn't!

Back