• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving a rabbit into another cage

rabbitthings

Young Bun
My bunny Warren died a couple of weeks ago, very sad. We have moved her sister Charlie into her cage after disinfecting etc, a week or so after. We wanted her to have the bottom cage so she could have free access to the shed and run all on one level.

She is doing her darndest not to poo in her litter tray, and will hold it until she can use another or go out. She def isn't settled, although it is getting better. I know she misses her, and she is bound to pick up on our devastation. We are considering another bunny, but do any of you have any ideas on how I settle her in her hutch. Looked in the rspca at the weekend, but did not have a suitable castrated male.

I have already placed droppings from the garden in her litter tray etc.
Any ideas.

Also does anyone know of a nice little boy bunny looking for a fab home in Devon, with a charming Endlish Doe just crying out for a bunny cuddle?

hi, how old is your bunny? she will be able to smell her friend but not find her/him which she will find strange, depending on her age, i'm not too sure if your should introduce another rabbit to keep her company as rabbits sometimes find it hard to adjust to new mates, let me know how old she is, i have one of two ideas

Back