• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

WHATS HAPPENED TO HIS EARS???

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i got up yesterday and hagrid (giant) ears tops where leansing over i thought it was just the way he was holding them but they were like it all day and when i got up this morning they were still like it! he looks mad will they ever straight up, i love uppy ears and dont want british giant lop! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAGRIDSEARSFOUR.jpg

HADEARSONE.jpg

HAGDRIDSEARSFIVE.jpg

What does he live in?
I saw a bunny like that before it was when the cage wasnt tall enough so his ears were bending over

The heat sometimes makes them lose ear control, but I always thought that'd be from the base of the ear... :? I've never seen ears like that in my life... :lol: He's a cutie! :D

bluebunny said:
bunnylove said:
bluebunny said:
What does he live in?
I saw a bunny like that before it was when the cage wasnt tall enough so his ears were bending over

open top pen!
Does he have any hidey holes on there? not as tall as his ears?

nope!!!!!!! i am a bad bunny mummy and dont give him exciting hidy holes! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Delphinum said:
The heat sometimes makes them lose ear control, but I always thought that'd be from the base of the ear... :? I've never seen ears like that in my life... :lol: He's a cutie! :D

They do look like they are wilting in the heat. He's very cute!

I saw rabbits with ear drop at the breeder I got Zeus from. Her aircon and fan unit had stopped working and the bunny shed had reached unbearable temps. The veins in the rabbits' ears had opened to the max to try and keep the rabbits cool but they were damaged through the excess heat and some of the rabbits now had permanently floppy ears.

That is usually at the base of the ear though although I suppose it could happen further up. Just make sure Hagrid is kept cool, although in the recent hot temps Zeus has been fine as long as he has had some shade to lie in.

I think Hagrid's ears look rather cute ;)!

Caz

Caz said:
I saw rabbits with ear drop at the breeder I got Zeus from. Her aircon and fan unit had stopped working and the bunny shed had reached unbearable temps. The veins in the rabbits' ears had opened to the max to try and keep the rabbits cool but they were damaged through the excess heat and some of the rabbits now had permanently floppy ears.

That is usually at the base of the ear though although I suppose it could happen further up. Just make sure Hagrid is kept cool, although in the recent hot temps Zeus has been fine as long as he has had some shade to lie in.

I think Hagrid's ears look rather cute ;)!

Caz

he was out on friday when it was really hot but he had one of those clay pipes to lay in and a big parasel over him, so i dont know if he still felt to hot but hermonie is fine! hope he dosnt have any perminant damage

eve x

Back