• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded trio have forgotten their litter trays . . . HELP?

5cutebunnies

Mama Doe
Hi as you all know I sucessfully bonded Bernard, Binky and Panzy the weekend before last. Everything is going great and the seem very happy indeed :D The only problem being they have forgotton how to use their litter trays :roll:

Anyone with any advice out there?

All three were fully litter trained before they went together. We have left all three litter trays in exactly the same positions that they were in before the bonding. We havent changed what we are putting in the litter tray or their beds.

Bernard is still weeing in his litter tray as I have seen him but he has taken to poohing in his bed :roll:

Panzy has forgotten everything and is weeing and poohing in his bed :roll:

Binky, well he has taken to weeing and pooing on the floor and in his bed :roll: :roll:

We have tried taking some of the poo and hay with wee on and put it in the litter trays but they havent taken the hint.

I can't really confine them to a smaller place, any ideas anyone?

I have to add though that having them bonded and snuggling up together far out weighs the bad habbits.

I have found that when I had just two bunnies that their litter habits were perfect. Once the number increased, it all went to pots... even the previously perfectly well behaved ones! :) They just can't stop themselves from marking and telling every other bunny in the room that they live there... :lol:

Can't help either, Ella was such a well behaved girl. Once Otis was her beloved it all went out the window :( Didnt help that they were kindof free range at the time, luckily I wasnt intending keeping the carpet ! They seem to have been a lot better since they went outside. Got their favourite spots in their run and never do anything in the hutch......sorry. But as you say, with loved up buns you can put up with a lot!

I would have thought it would settle down eventually once they have all established what is theirs :wink: :D I'd give it abit of time yet :wink: I suppose its like when we move in with a fella for the first time, the battle starts with what ornament goes where or what colour room to decide on :lol: :lol:

[quote="Denn I suppose its like when we move in with a fella for the first time, the battle starts with what ornament goes where or what colour room to decide on :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: David and I are still having these kind of arguements and we have been together for 12 years :shock: :? lets hope the bunnies sort things out a little quicker!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol - i cant help i'm afraid! dusty taught phoebe how to use a litter tray when they were bonded! :D

Adele said:
Denny said:
I suppose its like when we move in with a fella for the first time, the battle starts with what ornament goes where or what colour room to decide on :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: David and I are still having these kind of arguements and we have been together for 12 years :shock: :? lets hope the bunnies sort things out a little quicker!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we've been together nearly 19 years and he still does'nt know where things go :roll: :lol:

Denny said:
Adele said:
Denny said:
we've been together nearly 19 years and he still does'nt know where things go :roll: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG really Denny :?: .then there is absolutely no hope :x .....men are great but they do belong in the bunny sheds, preferably padlocked in for our safety :shock: :x :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
Denny said:
Adele said:
Denny said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG really Denny :?: .then there is absolutely no hope :x .....men are great but they do belong in the bunny sheds, preferably padlocked in for our safety :shock: :x :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just dont know where time has gone :( or my youth :roll: :lol: :lol: have to disagree with you on the shed Adele :wink: there is no way I would let him take over the wendy house :wink: :lol: :lol: he can have his car to sleep in :wink: :D

whats his is ours and whats mine is ALL mine :wink: :lol: :lol:

Denny said:
Adele said:
[quote="Denny"there is no way I would let him take over the wendy house :wink: :lol: :lol: he can have his car to sleep in :wink: :D

whats his is ours and whats mine is ALL mine :wink: :lol: :lol:

:thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back