• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do for the best?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i have a buck on his own and would like to bond him to a partner, i have his three sisters who are bonded together since birth, i am wondering whether to split the and put him with one of them, can you do that to a bonded trio? and if so who to work out who to bond him with without upsetting there heriachy?

orwas thinking about bonding him in with them bun not sure it could work due to space there hutch would be 16 foot by 2 x 2, split on two levels!

what do you think i should do???

eve x

Phill said:
Hey eve, i would try to bond him with the three girls, is there run 16ft long??

hi phil

no there hutch is but on to levels eight foot a level! is that enough room for four bunnys?

eve x

Just found this on a rspca site

Minimum Hutch Sizes

Guinea pigs - 4ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch.

A pair of (small) dwarf rabbits - 4ft x 2ft x 2ft.

A pair of medium sized rabbits - 5ft x 2ft x 2ft.

The giant breeds of rabbit require a minimum 6ft x 4ft x 4ft.

It is often easier to convert a garden shed into suitable accommodation for giant breeds or groups of rabbits. All rabbits and guinea pigs need to have an exercise run so that they can have physical freedom, play and ideally graze. The size of the run will be dependent on the facilities you have at your home as well as the size and nature of the individual animals.

A minimum 4ft x 4ft or 5ft x 3ft run is required for the smaller breeds.

bluebunny said:
Just found this on a rspca site

Minimum Hutch Sizes

Guinea pigs - 4ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch.

A pair of (small) dwarf rabbits - 4ft x 2ft x 2ft.

A pair of medium sized rabbits - 5ft x 2ft x 2ft.

The giant breeds of rabbit require a minimum 6ft x 4ft x 4ft.

It is often easier to convert a garden shed into suitable accommodation for giant breeds or groups of rabbits. All rabbits and guinea pigs need to have an exercise run so that they can have physical freedom, play and ideally graze. The size of the run will be dependent on the facilities you have at your home as well as the size and nature of the individual animals.

A minimum 4ft x 4ft or 5ft x 3ft run is required for the smaller breeds.

this 16 foot hutch is just to sleep in they would be in the enclosure all day!

Back