• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pre bonding question.

Joob-joobs

Mama Doe
Hi,

Joey was neutered 6.5 weeks ago. I've been giving Skye nose rubs then I started petting Joey. He started circling my hand and honking! Is this normal for him to do this after being neutered? He hasn't done this in the past 6.5 weeks. Do you think it's cause the sight/smell of a new girl bun is too much for him? Does this mean that he still has hormones and I souldn't introduce them just yet? Or is there no chance of babies now cause it's been over 6 weeks?

He's also started pooing all round the edges of her cage. Is this normal?

Any help/comments appreciated! :D

All quite normal, Julie. It can be very worrying when you've not done this before, try not to worry.
He can't possibly make her pregnant after all this time, but is sure to try mounting her. Mostly they will stop this after a while but I have know rabbits to occasionally continue to do this for ever!
The pooing round her cage is normal too. When it is exercise time here, whoever is out will go and poo outside everyone elses hutch!
Take it slowly, we are all here for you. x

donna-arc said:
All quite normal, Julie. It can be very worrying when you've not done this before, try not to worry.
He can't possibly make her pregnant after all this time, but is sure to try mounting her. Mostly they will stop this after a while but I have know rabbits to occasionally continue to do this for ever!
The pooing round her cage is normal too. When it is exercise time here, whoever is out will go and poo outside everyone elses hutch!
Take it slowly, we are all here for you. x

Thanks for that, it's definately made me feel more confident about introducing them properly..... didn't want baby buns to find homes for! :wink:

sophiemarmion said:
goo dluck with the pairing up! :D

Thanks,

Joey is just ignoring her now, he's sitting at the other side of the room under the shelving unit. I think this is a good sign cause he's not anxious. Is it?

They have both been eating, grooming and stretched out in front of each other (with her in her cage). I'm hoping they'll get on together! :D

Back