• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eating skirting boards

leesabuntine

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone

Ive had my 7mth old bunny for 3 weeks tomorrow.He lives indoor in a large zoo zone when im out but when im in hes out running around.
He has started eating my skirting boards so im having to watch him constantly. Im worried about him swallowing the wood also.
Has anyone got any ideas why hes doin this or how i can prevent him!

thanks
leesa.

Hi Leesa,

Benji likes to chew everything - mainly the corners of the walls! But I'm sure the skirting boards won't do your bun any harm - you could try buying some different things for them to chew - as an alternative to your house :lol:

It's very stressful having to watch your pet constantly so it might be useful, while he's young, to have boundaries - so good behaviour means he can go on to different areas. - I hope this makes some sense?

Good luck, Emma

Have a look through previous topics where people have had similiar problems. I believe some people found sucess using white wine vinegar and wiping it on skirting boards as the rabbits do not like it. If I remember rightly someone suggested a product Lakeland Ltd sell which is meant to stop cats scratching at furniture.

I have never tried either I have to admit.

Janice

Back