• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding ! Update

Debs2811

Alpha Buck
Still taking the bonding very slowly.

Yesterday I had Louis in his pen in the kitchen and i put Twinkle to run free in the rest of the kitchen (the kitchen isnt huge about 10ft sq)Twinkle seems a little spooked by Louis hopping about and quick movements and kept running away to hide round the corner and peer at him from a safe distance but after a while she seemed to relax and was very interested in having a good ole sniff, Louis seemed happy with her presence, hopping around and racing around in circles! after a while he quietened down and busied himself with cleaning while she was intent on trying to nick his toys and drag them through the wire (which she couldnt).
I left them to it for a while checking on them and then saw them licking each others noses through the bars :D

After a while i saw Twinkle sitting close to the pen and reluctant to move too far away from Louis, she was dozing off so i decided to pop her back in the hutch and try again tomorrow (today)

Im hoping it wont be too long until they start lying next to each other either side of the pen (which is what Jess and Petey do in their runs as they cant yet be bonded properly until he has been neutered) when they do i think i will try them in the pen (or free in the kitchen )together. At the moment Twinkle seem to prefer getting to know him on her terms, being able to back off, or approach him as she prefers without him mounting her.

She obviously wants a little time to get to know him...................obviously a rabbit who demands respect from her gentlebun! She wants to be treated like a lady and doesnt go in for humping on her first date :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ill keep you posted with their progress.

Back