• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eeyore sits in litter tray when i bring them indoors

houndour

Warren Scout
At least every other night we try and bring eeyore and twiglet in for a few hours. We bring their water, some hay and a litter tray. They have to stay in an enclosed area (made of storage cubes) as house is not rabbit safe.

After the initial nosing that they do when they come in, they always seem to chill and flop.

Eeyore is constantly in the litter tray. He rolls over in it, sleeps in it, eats in it. Everything in it!

The way I'm interpreting it is maybe he's using it a a security blanket?

I was wondering if it's worth providing him with a little cat basket (the material ones). But I don't know if he'd use it. Would some thing like a cat basket be safe? It would only be for use indoors, which is when we are there to supervise.

Quite a few people here use something similar for their buns and some love it, some aren't so fussed. I tried mine with a dog bed but they insisted on peeing on it!

Caz

Try his pet carrier with some vetbed in it or start by putting the litter tray in the carrier. I have sootys as part of his setup and thats now his comfort space, Before he used his litter tray (still does sometimes)
sciencebags019.jpg

I've just brought fudge a cosy cat bed to curl up in cuz she's been getting comfy in her litter tray when I bring her inside! It's been great to put on the landing as it's one of her fav places to lie, looking down the stairs, but sometimes she flops over when she's a happy bun and rolls down a few steps! The silly girl!! The egde round the cat bed stops her, she's never hurt herself just gives her a bit of a shock :D

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_store/Cat_Snoozer_p1117.html

I bought mine dog baskets cusions everything, but they all prefer to sit in their own poo too :lol: .

Sooty has a dog basket too but i use it in the outside run shelter. He only uses it if i put his litter tray in it though! St least i didn't buy all the doggy things. I got them from a friend :D :D :D

Sooty that pic is adorable. That's what eeyore does!

I'm going to P@H tonight, so I might get a cosy bed of some kind, but I expect eeyore will still lay in the litter tray! It's a pain cos poor twiggy can't go to the toilet...well she can...on my floor!

Back