• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded bunnies .....still in love

5cutebunnies

Mama Doe
Hi everyone yesterday I tried my three buns together and it was humping all the way :shock:

I bought them all in the kitchen this morning they have been together nearly an hour now. There has been no agression at all , but more or less constant humping from all three of them, with no obvious signs of one being more dominant.

How long should I leave them together today?

Should I just allow them to hump themselves silly, they look exhausted :roll: but then just get up and start it all again :shock:

If they get along should I leave them together?

What about the night time?

I tell you this is stressfull :roll:

I would appreciate any ideas or comments.

here are the photo's hope I don't get arreseted for showing sexual pics :shock: :oops: :oops:

100_6439.jpg

100_6430.jpg

100_6433.jpg

100_6436.jpg

100_6443.jpg

100_6442.jpg

I have no experience with bonding, I just had to say (again!!!) your buns are adorable!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwww they look like they are getting on great!! If there is no fighting keep them together for as long as you can.. if you cant leave them together overnight as yet then i guess you will have to separate them but as soon as they can be left overnight then looks like it should be ok from the pics.. they all look very happy :D and soooo cute!

Didden i could leave them together over night It would just mean removing the dividers in thier pens .... Don't know if I would get any sleep though. My god this is such a worry, My daughter, sons and I can take turns in watching them today, but I would worry at night, but i dont want to undo the work that will have been done today by splitting them up for bed time.

My next move is to remove the dividers in their run and put them outside and see how that goes.

I am so pleased there has been no fighting, how long will this humping continue for?

And thankyou loopylop :D

If they're not fighting I'd leave them together for as long as I could be somewhere near to keep an eye on them every so often. From the pics they look like they're getting on well.

I recently bonded Charlie and Lavender, as soon as they weren't fighting I left them together. I was concerned about the night too so towards evening I shut them in the cage they were going to live in and watched what happened (they'd already been hopping in and out of it all day and weeing all over it), they just sat in the corner together. By the time I went to bed there was still no sign of fighting. So i left them overnight - my bedroom is next to the lounge where they are so I slept with the doors open, I'm a very light sleeper so would hear if anything happened. I checked on them a couple of times in the night as they were chasing each other a bit.

When I got up in the morning Lavender was licking Charlies ears. :D

Btw your bunnies are GORGEOUS! I have a soft spot for lops and their little splodgey faces are adoreable. Good luck with bonding them.

5cutebunnies said:
My next move is to remove the dividers in their run and put them outside and see how that goes.

I am so pleased there has been no fighting, how long will this humping continue for?

can't you leave them where they are over night, so they're getting on really well before you take them back to their own territories?

I can only talk for my two but the humping lasted several days on and off, I'd assume longer with 3 as they've got more dominance to sort out ? not sure.

thanks for that Bevbunny :D

this is ther home where they live , see the dividers these can be removed so they can all sleep together and have accesss to the outside run. Only Panzy has this at the mo the other two have to be carried out.

100_6365.jpg

I think i will put them outside in a while when my hubby has undone all the dividers and see how they go.

As for watching them their will always be one of us supervising

I am really pleased how its going so far, if they arent humping each other they are all snuggled up together, so its got to be going well.

Hiya,

It looks like its going great. I'd leave them somewhere neutral until they aren't bother humping each other much and start interacting normally, exploring, eating etc.. When you move them back to there house you'll probably find they start the humping again but hopefully if they have already worked out the peeking order it won't be as manic.

There run is likely to be much more neutral than their shed as its not their bed. So that would be a good inbetween step.

Tam

Thanks tamsin :D

My hubby is working on the run as I type and when its ready that will be their next step, if all goes well in there after a couple of hours I will open up the catflap thingy so they can go into the shed, fingers croosed all goes well in there, Will pop back in a while and let you all know how its going. :D

At the moment its still humping and resting snuggled up to each other, I think the humping may have died down everso slightly or maybe thats me just hoping :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like it's going great!! :D I would leave them together for as long as you poss can! I have found that cleaning and scrubbing the are athat there going to share so that you wipe out as much smell as poss helps when you put all three into there new space!!

Thanks for that phil, I have just been in and had a good spring clean :D

Well they are still in the kitchen at the moment and are eating together :D

hi there!
:shock: Woah, they are very bonded, lol.
What cute bunnies you have! Are they the same gender? Are they spayed yet? Better double check incase anything happens. If they're not fixed, then do so. It will lessen the "humping" and pee-ing on the cages. Love to hear more of whats going on. I'm currently also trying to bond one of my rabbits..... but to my dog. Its a tough one, not really working.. seems like I'll have to hit myself loudly unconscience with a saucepan to get everyone to settle down. Good luck anyway.

Hi Walking_mushroom

yes they have all been castrated and yes they are all boys, two brothers Binky and Bernard with their uncle Panzy :D

They are still in the ktchen at the moment but will be going outside in there run very shortly :D Will let you all know how it goes out there :D

Hi everyone its me again :D am I proud of myself and my bunnies or what :lol: :lol: :lol: Havent they done well :lol:

Well putting them in thier run seems to have been a hit too :D Here they are ......

Panzy and Binky having a cuddle
100_6446.jpg

Binky and Bernard having a cuddle
100_6451.jpg

Binky and Panzy again
100_6444.jpg

Right Im off to let them into the shed will let you know how the last stage goes :D

PS They are still humpimg :roll: Not as much and I think they are well on their way to sorting out the pecking order .... It seems to be Panzy who is boss and thats how it should be after all he is their uncle :p

AWW they look as though they'll be happy in no time, its a good sign they've shown no agression, poppy and ralf are a big no-no!! You buns are adorable, love the pic of them all squished up together!! :D

Back