• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OXford looking for 2 rabbits

iris

New Kit
Hello,

I live in Oxford and I want to give a nice home to 2 rabbits.
I have an 6ft 2ft hutch and the enclosure ca. 7ftx7ft is under construction it will accessible to them at day and night time. Free exercises in the garden are possible, cause the garden is fully fenced.

Best regards,

Iris

Hi,

The RSPCA near me HARROW MIDDX have 2 x4 month old lop eared rabbits looking for a good home.

If your interested give them a call 0208 907 2702 they will have to do a home check so i hope you are not to far away they are lovely looking bunnies they are featured this week in the local paper.

Good luck with your search.

Maureen

rabbit rescue in Oxford

Stadhampton Animal Sanctuary in Oxford, who are not listed under rescues on this site, (although I am trying my best to persuade them to do
so) have many lovely rabbits who need homes. My house rabbit
came from there.

Sue at Bracknell Rabbit Rescue has just had an influx of bunnies (she's where 3 of mine came from and I can heartily recommend her) www.bracknellrabbitrescue.50megs.com

Or there are the people who look after the RSPCA rabbits in Reading www.readingrabbits.co.uk (I think they have more buns for adoption than currently appear on the site so contact them for details).

Lorna at Greenfields that someone has mentioned above is also brilliant.

Hello,

thanks for so many answers.
My problem is that I have no car and not so many friends, who own a car, as I'm not living in the UK for long. So I have to choose a rescue which I can reach with public transport.
Some dissapointing reports from my local rescue:
A local rescue in Oxford disagreed with me to pair up to neutered males.
And they said its not a good idea to match two rabbits which one are not from the same litter.
Stadhampton Animal Sanctuary in Oxford,:
I called them and told them I want to adopt two rabbits.
I never had such an unfriendly talk on the phone.
She didn't ask me what I can offer the rabbits or if I have any experience.
"hello" - "hi, I'm calling cause I would be interesting in adopting two rabbits"
" Do u have children" - "no"
"Do u want children?" - "not in the next 4 years"
"Do u work?" - "Yes, but just 4 days a week, most of the time is somebody at home who can look after them."
"I don't think we have something suitible for you" - "Thanks,bye"

This phonecall made me very upset.

iris

Hello Iris
I'm sorry that you have had two dissapointing calls. Unfortunately I often hear of rescues being unfriendly. This is such a shame and totally unnecessary. Don't take it personally - some people are just like that.
Please don't give up - your rabbits are out there waiting for you to find them.
Best of luck (shame we are too far away,we are always nice! :D )

If your not staying in the UK for long, whats going to happen to the bunnies?

Tam

Lorna at Greenfields in Bracknell is wonderful at bonding rabbits and
making sure they are happy and I would highly recommend her to you if you are seeking two rabbits. If you had a chat with Lorna about her
rabbits to see if "any" sound what you would like. I could then take you to Greenfields to look at any that could be suitable and for you to meet.

Raine

Last edited:
Iris,

I have just noticed Tam's question to you. You said you had not
been in the UK for long. How long are you intending to stay as rabbits need a forever home and will live for 10+ years. I am happy to assist
in your quest to rehome two rabbits but need to be sure you are
seeking to rehome on the above basis.

Raine

Hello raine thanks for ur offer, thats really kind of you.

Its private, but my future with my future husband is in the uk. Your right with ur question what will happen to the rabbits if I return to my country of origin. I'm happy to say that I'm able to take them with me, in the case that I would return as there are no quarantaine regulations for my country.

By the way, I'd like to give home to older rabbits.
My boyfriend is requesting,no loop eared rabbits, one of them should be mostly white.
I don't mind but my boyfriend doesn't like loop eared rabbits.

iris

Back