• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAQ Article Requests

Hiya Tams - I'd be happy to do the Vaccinations one for the Forum - I presume you don't need loads and loads of text - just factual Question and Answer type stuff with maybe some illustrations too if I can get them :?:

I would really love to write one, but reading them I don't think I know anything about any of them :cry:

This is just like being back at school again and having homework :wink: ..those were the days hey :) ...this is good fun and hopefully informative for other bunny Mummys and Daddys at the same time :) :thumb:

With 7 buns Tree, wouldn't litter training or house proofing be good for you??!! :lol: :lol: I couldn't imagine house proofing for 7 buns, Sophie is enough! We have to cover everything!!!!!!!

Tree said:
I would really love to write one, but reading them I don't think I know anything about any of them :cry:

:) Get outta here Gal - how many bunsters have u got :lol: :lol: :lol: - Some gals will just come up with any excuse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on gal - get yourself sorted and have another shufftie at the topics :D

Actually House proofing is one I could do, I learnt the hard way. Years back Beatrix decided to eat her way through my newly installed central heating (luckily no harm to her), I had to have an electrictian out on a bank holiday monday to rewire the lot, Ouch I didn't make that mistake again. :lol:

Tree said:
Actually House proofing is one I could do, I learnt the hard way. Years back Beatrix decided to eat her way through my newly installed central heating, I had to have an electrictian out on a bank holiday monday to rewire the lot, Ouch I didn't make that mistake again. :lol:

There you go then Tree, you can write from experience, add a bit of humour too if you like :wink: :lol:
As long as you get the info across then you can write in your very own style :)
Are you up for having a go then Tree? If so, we can pop a cross next to the topic for you :)

Tree said:
Actually House proofing is one I could do, I learnt the hard way. Years back Beatrix decided to eat her way through my newly installed central heating (luckily no harm to her), I had to have an electrictian out on a bank holiday monday to rewire the lot, Ouch I didn't make that mistake again. :lol:

There you go Gal :wink: - thats a brilliant one too Tree - I think I'd better pay special attention to that one as Zac already munched our main telephone line - awwwww anything for a quiet life eh :lol: :lol:

bunnytales said:
Tree said:

There you go Gal :wink: - thats a brilliant one too Tree - I think I'd better pay special attention to that one as Zac already munched our main telephone line - awwwww anything for a quiet life eh :lol: :lol:

:roll: Bob has recently done that too, now the phone is back on and wrapped in an inch of gaffer tape. :lol:

Thinking about it, I am going to be rubbish at it, so far all I can think about is,

Tip 1 buy loads of gaffer tape and wrap everything with it.
Tip 2 Love your wall paper? Well kiss it goodbye, because it's gone :lol:

How about I pop you down for it and you start it off? If you get stuck you can always pass in on to someone else to add more too. If you have books or a look around the web that might give you some more ideas for things to write about. Or just start with a list of things your bunnies have eaten and then write how to protect them :lol:

Ok so I got myself a big one :shock: !

My vet said that teeth are the most common reason he sees rabbits - so I am going to need loads of info!!

I know a bit about spur removal (Athena had them when I got her) but nothing about tooth abcesses (expect for the info on rabbit refs) or the process of burring down front teeth - techniques, frequency etc. Tooth removal info has been on the forum a bit - so there should be some info on what to feed them and how they cope (cheers Phil for the link).

I am hoping to bother Twiggy to compare treatments as his Fudge had his teeth taken out because of a tooth root infection by the same vet who is attempting to treat Zeus' tooth root infection with antibiotics so it would be interesting to compare the treatments and also to note that the same vet will asses each rabbit as a seperate case so one treatment may not be right for every rabbit.

Good luck everyone!

Caz

Tamsin said:
How about I pop you down for it and you start it off? If you get stuck you can always pass in on to someone else to add more too. If you have books or a look around the web that might give you some more ideas for things to write about. Or just start with a list of things your bunnies have eaten and then write how to protect them :lol:

Yep Ok,

I can do the None house proud version of bunny proofing, or the lazy cow's guide to bunny proofing or even bunny proofing on a budget, but if you want bunny proofing to fit into you sleek home designs I'm not your girl. :lol: I will see how I get on.

Tree said:
Tamsin said:

Yep Ok,

I can do the None house proud version of bunny proofing, or the lazy cow's guide to bunny proofing or even bunny proofing on a budget, but if you want bunny proofing to fit into you sleek home designs I'm not your girl. :lol: I will see how I get on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAY ADELE can we have something on bonding from u PLEASEEEEEEEEEE,
i want to try bonding bertie but am too scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please!!!!!!!!!!

bunnylove said:
\

Oh NO! what have we started ..it appears that I will be ending up with more and more essays to write at this rate :lol: :lol: . I thought Tams was doing something on bonding..did you finish your little project on bonding Tams...?? Tams may have more material to hand on this subject..my methods may not follow the general guidelines..I have made it up as I go along over the years till I found a method that worked for me...have never really read much about the subject though :oops: :lol: :lol:

If Tams has already covered this with her project then perhaps she may be best to write this one, but if not, I am happy to have a go...for what its worth! :lol: :lol: .especially as you asked so nicely Eve :)

Getting there Adele, everytime I think I'm nearly done I find another aspect to cover - its a big topic :? I hope to have something to send you way for reading soon though ;)

Tam

Tamsin said:
Getting there Adele, everytime I think I'm nearly done I find another aspect to cover - its a big topic :? I hope to have something to send you way for reading soon though ;)

Tam

I know what you mean Tams :roll: :roll: ..you start these what appear to be relatively small projects and then they just grow and grow!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You have a reason to get it finished now, as i need to refer to it for my bonding essay...unless you want the honours?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
bunnylove said:
\

you way sounds good to me adele, i am scared please help!!!!! :?: :?: :?:

Oh NO! what have we started ..it appears that I will be ending up with more and more essays to write at this rate :lol: :lol: . I thought Tams was doing something on bonding..did you finish your little project on bonding Tams...?? Tams may have more material to hand on this subject..my methods may not follow the general guidelines..I have made it up as I go along over the years till I found a method that worked for me...have never really read much about the subject though :oops: :lol: :lol:

If Tams has already covered this with her project then perhaps she may be best to write this one, but if not, I am happy to have a go...for what its worth! :lol: :lol: .especially as you asked so nicely Eve :)

you way sounds good to me adele, i am scared please help!!!!! :?: :?: :?:

What about caring for the elderly or disabled bunny?

I have a few 7 years olds and would like to know more about how to help them as they get older and the problems I might face. Having never had older bunnies until now and I would like to take on more older bunnies from rescues I could do with some advice.

Over to the experts!!

Maureen

Back