• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding in Northern Ireland ???

Martin E

Warren Scout
We have to go away for a long weekend in a few weeks time - happened all of a sudden.

I know there aren't many (if any) people here from Northern Ireland - but does anyone have any contacts of anyone who would be able to board a bunny here ?

The only problem is that Jaro needs to be manually expressed daily - and you need to know what you are doing - so ideally a vet or someone with good bunny experience ?

There are no Rabbit Rescue centres here (only a couple on more general animal sanctuarys who occasionally have rabbits) and none of them do boarding.

This is a real long shot - we're trying to persuade our vets to look after him for the 3 days.

Ideally we wouldn't leave him, but unfortunately that's not an option.

many thanks

Martin

Well I don't know where you live in Northern Ireland but there is a place in carrickfergus that rescues rabbits they may board, although then again they probably don't. You could contact the rabbit club of Northern Ireland and see if anyone could help out or knows of somewhere. Anyway definitly phone up the rescue centre in Carrickfergus, maybe they know of a good boarder or the vets they use may board.
Northern Ireland stinks in terms of good rabbit vets etc, I have been to many vets and have found one that is satisfactory although if I knew of somewhere better I would switch.
Good luck and I hope you find somewhere!:)

Back