I don't know if anyone else saw this in the paper but the RSPCA has launched a emergency campaign about Oriental Stargazer Lilies after a cat has died.
The cat had brushed against the flowers getting pollen on it's coat, she then licked herself clean and was violently ill. She dies a few hours later after suffering blindness, liver failure, sickness and dehydration.
The lily has a white outline on its petals and has a pink middle. I have just checked a bunch of flowers someone bought me only to find these same lilies !!!!!!
I have now removed them from my lounge (where Skip lives) and put then on a high ledge in the kitchen as the pollen from these flowers tends to get everywhere if you knock them !! All parts of this lily are extremely toxic, less than one leaf eaten by a cat can be fatal. It doesn't state how it affects other animals but i wouldn't want to risk it
My flowers where bought from Tesco so please people keep a eye out as most bunches do contain lilies.....