• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Viral haemorrhagic Disease Innoculation

Have you vaccinated your bunny ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorry to hear that Rob. I always have my bunnies vaccinated, Poppy had her myximitosis today and her VHD is booked in for the 19th. Its only £12.00 a vaccination.

All of our buns get the vaccination - usually due early December as that is when we have the majority of them done- we try if we can to get any new ones vaccinated around the same time to.
Just couldn't risk it - I would never forgive myself :(

Jaypot said:
Just couldn't risk it - I would never forgive myself :(

That's what I think now too. Before I joined the forum my vet said that as he's a house bunny and there is no VHD in our area then there was no need for Myxi or VHD vacs. After reading peoples posts here I've had Joey done in the past two weeks. As Jaypot said, I just wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything happened...... for the sake of £25!

All 35 bunnies are vaccinated here at the Sanctuary, we have the vaccinations done in March.

Adele were all your bunnies ok after the vacs??

Does either jab make the buns feel poorly at all???

Vacs are next on my list just had them all neutered and the vet said leave it a couple weeks before they have the jabs

My lot are homoeopathically treated against VHD. Myxie and Pasturella. They have all been conventionally vaccinated previously. After much research I decided to go the homeopathic route at the beginning of the year.

I know a lot of people don’t agree with this method but I have a lot of faith in it.

I certainly wouldn’t recommend anybody take the decision to go the homeopathic route lightly. You need to research it thoroughly and weigh up the pros and the cons.

Louise

Adele said:
All 35 bunnies are vaccinated here at the Sanctuary, we have the vaccinations done in March.

so what happens adele if you get a bunny in in august? do you vacinate then or wait until march?

eve x

Yes, both buns have myxi vacs twice a year and vhd once a year. Rob had his vhd today and he's not been as lively as normal tonight - I'm not worried (yet :? ) as I know they are normally a bit subdued after it.

yes i vaccinate againast both vhd and myxi id never forgive myself if something happened either
myxi costs 12.50 the vhd (cylap) 13.50
we vaccinate in august/september

lisa

All Seven of mine are done, although that's not strictly true, Kovu has is second jab on Wednesday.

Rob said:
Ellepotter,

What is the homeopathic basis for vaccinating against a virus ?

Rob.

If you want to PM me any questions you have on homeopathy treatment against Rabbit disease Rob feel free to.

Louise

ellepotter said:
My lot are homoeopathically treated against VHD. Myxie and Pasturella. They have all been conventionally vaccinated previously. After much research I decided to go the homeopathic route at the beginning of the year.

I know a lot of people don’t agree with this method but I have a lot of faith in it.

I certainly wouldn’t recommend anybody take the decision to go the homeopathic route lightly. You need to research it thoroughly and weigh up the pros and the cons.

Louise

Hiya,

I would love to know more about the homeopathic stuff for pasturella. I do my vets head in constently asking if there is a jab for it yet. Although there isn't one, she said she looking forward to one as it's difficult to treat. I am a proper worry wort when it comes to my bunnies and I would like to take an alternative route to cover them for this.

All (19) of mine are done and if I take any in I get them done straight away. As like everybody else I would never forgive myself.

Back