• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

digging and scratching...

houndour

Warren Scout
Hello,

Twiglet keeps digging. Mainly it's when she's indoors on the carpet. And yesterday she was scratching in a digging motion at my bfs shirt and today she was 'digging' at my trousers and trying to eat them.

Eeyores already chewed a hole in my jeans! cheeky monkey.

Anyway, my question is, is the digging motion on our clothes just her natural thing, or is she saying she doesn't love us or something :(

I found this post:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2169&highlight=scratching+digging

I like the idea of a digging box of soil. Is this a good idea do you think? I've tried the box of hay, but they just used it as a litter tray! lol I thought the soil idea would maybe satisfy her a bit.

Thanks,
Sam

My bunny digs at my clothes too, but I've noticed that he only does it when I'm wearing an oversized shirt or a coat. I think it's his way of saying I need to be groomed. :lol:

definitely an attention seeking act i think :lol: when they're in for a cuddle unless dusty is right up beside hobe she scrabbles a t the sofa, then along hops dusty and she falls asleep :D

hi pepper does that but the only person he digs is sean my boyf :lol: i thought it was because he wanted to be put down :D

She'd probably enjoy a digging box, bet she could make a lovely mess! As said, digging at your clothes is often attention seeking, the nose rubs obviously weren't coming fast enough ;)

Back