• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfalfa Hay

I think the amount they eat should be monitored, as Alfalfa is high in calcium. Might be worth feeding half and half with another hay. Certainly not recommended for Rabbits prone to bladder stones/sludging.

Louise

What made you think the Edana? :?

I always thought Alphalpha was fine for baby/growing buns and elderly buns, but in moderation, and as Louise says shouldn't be given to buns with sludge prblems.

:shock: :? Thanks guys, glad I only bought Sophie a little bag and have given her only a few peices at a time!!!! :D Think I will stick to normal hay, she likes that just as much!!!! :lol:

:shock: :shock: phew, glad I checked it out with you very knowlegdeable (sp??!) people first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

I thought it was only discouraged as a staple hay or main part of their diet but as a treat is fine (for buns with no calcium problems). Mine get alfalfa cubes as occasional treats.

Caz

alfalfa

I feed alfalfa daily, but only give one handfull a day, as that's what it says on the bag. Jack enjoys it a lot more than regular hay, I mix it in to encourage him to eat more ordinary hay.

Bkz I didn't know how much to give Sof, that's what I was doing too!! No wonder she enjoyed the alfalfa so much... all the yummy things are fattening/bad for you :lol: :lol:

*goes to look for chocolate!* :lol: :lol:

Back