• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do you bond? different foods?

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
i was thinking of bonding one of the giants to one of my bunnies while she is still young, problem is how do you bond them if they are on different foods ie,,giant on burgress junior, no veg and no grass, and poss. partner on SS,veg and grass!! is this a no win situation????

eve x

bunnylove said:
i was thinking of bonding one of the giants to one of my bunnies while she is still young, problem is how do you bond them if they are on different foods ie,,giant on burgress junior, no veg and no grass, and poss. partner on SS,veg and grass!! is this a no win situation????

eve x

Aren't you keeping the two Giants together?

I suppose the only thing you could sensibly do is feed the Rabbit who eats Vegetables/Grass separate.

Will you be introducing Vegetables/Grass to the Giant? If so maybe you could wait until then and then try bonding them.

Bear in mind if you bond before you neuter hormones could kick in at a later date and cause a few problems.

Louise

i recommend not bonding till sexually mature, rabbits tend to not know where they are with younger rabbits, not sure which sex they are and can attack viciously, i'd change food before bonding if i were you aswell! it'll make life a whole lot easier :wink: good luck with it!!

ellepotter said:
bunnylove said:

eve x

Aren't you keeping the two Giants together?

I suppose the only thing you could sensibly do is feed the Rabbit who eats Vegetables/Grass separate.

Will you be introducing Vegetables/Grass to the Giant? If so maybe you could wait until then and then try bonding them.

Bear in mind if you bond before you neuter hormones could kick in at a later date and cause a few problems

louise

not sure what to do really! the original idea was to get the giants together as house buns, but obviously they are not gonna be able to go together for about a year because of the neutering, also i dont know if keeping them in cages next to each other will drive them mad? i dont have indoor cages as such i use storage cubes. will that work? because i dont really have the space for two separate buns living in the house, oh what do i do! :roll:

eve x

not sure what to do really! the original idea was to get the giants together as house buns, but obviously they are not gonna be able to go together for about a year because of the neutering, also i dont know if keeping them in cages next to each other will drive them mad? i dont have indoor cages as such i use storage cubes. will that work? because i dont really have the space for two separate buns living in the house, oh what do i do! :roll:

eve

You can neuter Giants from six to nine months old I believe. If you have a Rabbit savvy Vet I imagine he/she would be able to give you a better idea. A year seems a long time to leave them before you neuter.

I dont see any reason why you cant keep them side by side in seperate cages. When they reach sexual maturity you will be getting them neutered anyway.

Louise

ellepotter said:

eve

You can neuter Giants from six to nine months old I believe. If you have a Rabbit savvy Vet I imagine he/she would be able to give you a better idea. A year seems a long time to leave them before you neuter.

I dont see any reason why you cant keep them side by side in seperate cages. When they reach sexual maturity you will be getting them neutered anyway.

Louise

my vet said around nine months! i just did not know if it would be fair to keep them on there own that long, and they still may not bond after that!

my vet said around nine months! i just did not know if it would be fair to keep them on there own that long, and they still may not bond after that

If you keep them next to each other in seperate cages they will be able to keep each other company.

Louise

ellepotter said:
my vet said around nine months! i just did not know if it would be fair to keep them on there own that long, and they still may not bond after that

If you keep them next to each other in seperate cages they will be able to keep each other company.

Louise

thanks i will give that a go!

ellepotter said:
I know of some Rabbits that can easily jump 4ft! :shock:

Louise

4 foot golly! i found out the hard way when we built the garden enclosures, kymber jumped with ease the 2 foot 6 divider! doh!

so you still think it is a good idea having hagrid and hermonie in cages side by side with no lid!?

Back