• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Knackered

Bertie

Alpha Buck
Spent the whole of the bank holiday weekend getting the rabbitorium all finished, and the little sods have only gone and pooed all over it. :(

Solvent free tile adhesive takes all the fun out of DIY. :cry:

Now that the room is freshly tiled, it's effectively no bun's land, so we're trying all six in together. Mostly it's going ok, but Sheffield is going from bunny to bunny and poking them til they fight him, and then losing. The rest are all ignoring each other, and if he'd just calm down and get on with chinning stuff he'd be so much happier. By tomorrow morning we should have enough fur to restuff the sofa.

Despite the faces Andi was pulling as I painted the little brown bunnies on the wall, I think it all looks rather special.

Now I will rule all by posting the photos. Ha-ha!

Anyway, you would pull faces if you'd just spent hours and hours trying to persuade 6mm plywood to fit onto rickety old parquet flooring. Parakeet flooring, more like. Erm. Probbly.

rabbitorium1.jpg

rabbitorium2.jpg

rabbitorium3.jpg

rabbitorium4.jpg

WOW!! That bunny room is AMAZING!!! I love love love the walls :D :D :D He looks soo happy in there!! *jealous because don't have the room or the money to do that* :cry: :cry:

wow that look fab, like bunny nursury, i like the idea of the cube in the middle to fix the water bottles on
becky

Imagine the fun we had removing the old wee-sodden carpet... Now we can open the patio doors (with supervision, of course) to give them some fresh air. A litter tray in each corner and a whole load of toys. :)

Next week: Turning Boscov's dog crate into a duplex.

well the rabbitorium looks absolutely awesome :thumb: lucky, lucky bunsters. Is there a reason why the outside panels are so high? have you got a few high jumpers in ther? off for another peek (glad Mollys not on my lap to see this :wink: )

luvabun said:
Is there a reason why the outside panels are so high? have you got a few high jumpers in ther?

Monopoly and Cassidy are climbers. They fling themselves at the bars and clamber up. So the wall is there just so we can open the windows without the two of them clambering out to explore the neighbourhood.

luvabun said:
Is there a reason why the outside panels are so high? have you got a few high jumpers in ther?

Climbers, not jumpers!

Cassidy (the lionehead) and Monopoly (grey and white lop) can both climb 2 panes easily - Monopoly managed to climb 3 panels and then jump on top of a carry case 3 levels up.

OMG good job you found that out now rather than later :shock: climbing bunnies :shock: methinks they should be in a circus :wink: only joing peeps...

:shock: :shock: omg, what an amazing room!! Great job guys and what VERY lucky buns you have!!! :lol: :lol:

Great bunny room. I love the colours, cooling and calming, I am sure the bunnies are in rabbit paradise :) :)

They had the same room before, but separated into two groups - Chips (uppy ears, grey and white buck), Cassidy (lionhead doe) and Sniper and SPG (black minilop does) on one side, Monopoly (grey/white minilop doe) and Sheffield (black/white uppy ear buck) on the other.

They've had a few playdates before - in the shed when it first arrived, in the kitchen a couple of times and outside in their PWS panel run. We figured it was best to get them to finally sort out dominance.

Only Cassidy and Sheffield are actually fighting to be boss, and only fur pulling. Sheffield is starting to realise that he's losing and is running away instead of confronting her now, so they should be sorted out fairly soon. The two boys aren't fighting at all. There's a bit of posturing, but Chips already knows that Cassidy is the boss and has no interest in going up against Sheffield.

It's actually going quite well. I thought they would have all killed each other by now, but apart from Sheffield losing some fur they're all just snoozing and getting on with things.

woooh - I'm speechless

that is one amazing bun room, speaking as one who has spent some time grappling with a kitchen floor - I feel your pain :D

it must be binking madness in there with all buns skittling around the room :)

best not let our buns see that - jealousy would set in pretty quick

Martin

Back