• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Medical Liquid Paraffin

I notice they have a walk in shop in Shropshire, does anyone live near it to have a look at the ingredients.

or ADELE - what does your ingredients say on your medicinal liquid paraffin :wink: :D :?:

what is the dosage for a child over 3 years Jill :?:

Denny said:
I notice they have a walk in shop in Shropshire, does anyone live near it to have a look at the ingredients.

or ADELE - what does your ingredients say on your medicinal liquid paraffin :wink: :D :?:

dosage: children 3 to 5 yrs - 2 1/2 to 5 ml at bedtime; children 5 to 12 yrs - 5 to 10 ml; adults (inc. the elderly) 10 ml to 30 ml

luvabun said:
Denny said:

dosage: children 3 to 5 yrs - 2 1/2 to 5 ml at bedtime; children 5 to 12 yrs - 5 to 10 ml; adults (inc. the elderly) 10 ml to 30 ml

think I might get some of that for me for the occassional moments :oops: :lol: :lol:

Have you got a list of its ingredients that you can list Jill, so Adele can compare it to what she has got :wink: :D

luvabun said:
active ingredients are Liquid Paraffin Ph. Eur 100%

followed by a P in a box ( :roll: ) PL 0014/5464

Hmmmm :? :? I dont know :? :? the only thing that would worry me is the fact it is not for children under 3 months old :? We need someone to go and get Tamsin and Adele out of bed to answer our questions :wink: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Denny said:
luvabun said:

We need someone to go and get Tamsin and Adele out of bed to answer our questions :wink: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darn cheek :shock: :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: having a lie-in :?: :roll: that would be the day...I have been up since 6am mucking out bunnies and have just sat down for breakfast at 10.30am!! :roll: :lol: :lol:
I think either of those products are absolutely fine, if they are of human consumption value then they should be okay for bunnies too :D
I would not worry about the one product saying it is not to be used for babies under 3 months old, most bunnies can tolerate Liquid Paraffin, except the very young and frail perhaps.
Just make sure you follow the dosage guidelines carefully, we tend to give the childs dose less a third....but this is an estimate, and depends on each particular product check with your vet if you want to be sure. :)

Adele said:
Denny said:
luvabun said:

We need someone to go and get Tamsin and Adele out of bed to answer our questions :wink: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darn cheek :shock: :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: having a lie-in :?: :roll: that would be the day...I have been up since 6am mucking out bunnies and have just sat down for breakfast at 10.30am!! :roll: :lol: :lol:
I think either of those products are absolutely fine, if they are of human consumption value then they should be okay for bunnies too :D
I would not worry about the one product saying it is not to be used for babies under 3 months old, most bunnies can tolerate Liquid Paraffin, except the very young and frail perhaps.
Just make sure you follow the dosage guidelines carefully, we tend to give the childs dose less a third....but this is an estimate, and depends on each particular product check with your vet if you want to be sure. :)

Yes thats our Denny - a cheeky wench :lol: :lol: I was thinking that they would probably be OK and would probably have been tested on bunnies in the first place :roll: thanks Adele :thumb:

luvabun said:
Adele said:
Denny said:
luvabun said:

Yes thats our Denny - a cheeky wench :lol: :lol: I was thinking that they would probably be OK and would probably have been tested on bunnies in the first place :roll: thanks Adele :thumb:

who me :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Boots will have a sudden increase in profits now from their sales of Liquid paraffin :wink: :lol:

Up at 6am Adele :shock: we believe you :wink: :lol: you should move all the bunnies indoors :wink: that way you can stay in your jim-jams in the warmth to do the mucking out :wink: :D

I also use the liquid paraffin from the chemist, only costs about 90p. As for the P in the box, that means pharmacy only :wink:

Cheryl

Back