• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got bit for the first time!!

daveFelton

New Kit
So buddy bit me for the first time the other day. He is notorious for running around his cage making excessive noise just before day break, usually a half hour or so before my alarm goes off. Well the other day he was doing it as usual, no big deal, but this time he was digging in his litter, revealing the plastic bottom of his cage. I didn't want him #1'ing or #2'ing on the bottom of the cage, so when my alarm went off and I went to give him fresh food and water, I grabbed some clumps of litter from one side of the cage and put it on the bare spots, matting it down with my hand.

Well, buddy sure did not appreciate me messing up his private space. He warned me by bumping me with his nose, but I didn't realize what he was doing until it was too late. The litte rascal lunged at me, and sank his teeth in! I was shocked, but realized why he did it, so just brushed it off. I pet him on his head where he likes, and all was well.

though i'd share our first little "attack" incident. :)

d

Tut, tut naughty lad. If you want to say your not pleased in bunny language then turn your back to him. That the ultimate, your not in my good books signal. He might even come and say sorry by nudging you at which point you can say I forgive you by giving him a quick cuddle.

Bunnies are most active early morning and evening plus seem to have great internal clocks for when food and out time is due.

You could try giving him a digging box if there is room in his cage. A storage box filled with shredded paper, straw or similar works well.

Tam

Ps. Yep, in the UK its a mildly rude word (you probably wouldn't say it to your kids, just think it occationally ;) ) and we have quite a range of ages so we just rule out swearing alltogether to be on the safe side :)

Tam

Think yourself lucky he warned you, Roger just bites :shock: I was holding him in my arms the other day and he bite my arm, lucky I had my coat on. Still had a small cut and a big bruise.

Mind you it was me that took him to the vet to have his bits off, so maybe I deserve it :lol:

Betty

ooh ouch!! when one of my rabbits first bit me i did'nt even get a warning he just jumped up from the bottom of his run and attached himself to my hand!!!

I had a baby bun that suddenly turned and I had to wear to fleece jackets and gloves to feed her, my husband had to prise her mouth open to get her off my arm as she was swinging from it, she bit through my thumb and various other fingers. I just couldn't understand it as it was so out of character and I would just persiver with it but wouldn't let anyone else go near her anyway it turned out I took her t the vets and she had a brain tumour, so I had to do the inevitable and the little monkey just looked at me and let me cuddle her.(I always think she was saying thanks for stopping the pain she was in)

Simba used to nip me sometimes when i was grooming him.. i always assumed he'd had enough and let him go for a run and do more later on. Recently tho he really bites hard! I dont really know why unless its because he has a girlie here. If i have her on my lap and im combing her or cleaning her botty he will constantly bite my arm or if i turn round he will eat the back of my jumper! Is he jealous or being protective of her? I thought he wouldnt be so bad after he was neutered but he bites more than ever!

Back